cam driver not available. camera driver is not available in the Device Manager,

Options
Jebastine
Jebastine Member Posts: 1 New User
edited June 22 in Aspire Laptops

Recently, I have encountered an error with my built-in camera. Upon inspection, I found that the camera driver is not available in the Device Manager, even after checking hidden devices.

I also checked the official Acer website for the camera driver, but it is not available there either.

Could you please provide a valid solution to download the camera driver for Acer?

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 9,772 Trailblazer
    Options

There is no driver available for the integrated webcam, that is managed by the system, check in Device Manager in Other Devices, Human Interface Devices or in any other USB devices for Acer FHD User Facing device, uninstall that device and just reboot. If you have Windows System Protection enabled, you can also restore the system to before the webcam disappeared without losing any data (only changes/updates you made after that date). Type restore in the Search box and click on "Create a restore point", at the top click on System Restore and select a date, if no restore points show you have System Protection disabled, turn this feature on.