3.5 headphones and microphone stopped working when connected to acer nitro 5 AN515-52 laptop.

Options
striker09
striker09 Member Posts: 2 New User

This same issue happened to other Nitro 5 users having the same model (AN515-52). Microphone and headphones were working correctly until suddenly they weren't, some things I've noticed while checking everything are:

• Microphone drivers changed from "Microphone (Realtek High Definition Audio)" to "Microphone Array"
  • Speakers had a similar change on their name.
  • This changes only occur on recent Realtek driver versions.

Noticing this issues I tried rolling back my drivers to older versions while disabling windows automatic driver update feature, just to be sure to keep the old drivers running. Despite getting the old drivers I was familiar with (and hopping them to work), sadly, they didn't work, I was having the same problems as before. At this point I feel like I've tried everything, reinstalling windows, upgrading to Windows 11 to then Downgrade back to Windows 10, rolling back drivers, resetting drivers, and so on.

I'd be grateful to get an answer since I've seen various users having the same issue and no clear responses on how to fix it.

https://community.acer.com/en/profile/dem1x (user that had the most similar case).

Answers