not able to use keyboard key "s"after update to windows 11 numerical key 7 stopped working

Options
somshekar
somshekar Member Posts: 1 New User
edited June 22 in Windows 11

after update to windows 11 the laptop numerical key 7 stopped working and also recently the key "s" and c has stopped working and only works if pressed with shift.when used "s"in the browser it opens up "save as" window.the letters function normally when external usb keyboard is used,i want to restore the default function of the keys of my laptop,tried registry editor and changing language keyboard options and stopped all stickykeys still this problem persisits.

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 9,786 Trailblazer
    Options

Sounds like a bad KB cable or loose KB connector, I recommend bringing the laptop to Acer Services in your country and replace the cable and/or keyboard, not an expensive repair for a regular laptop, gaming RGB keyboard can be expensive.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 32,406 Trailblazer
    Options

You have a stuck CTRL key… Clean them and see if you can unstick it.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • berlingroft
    berlingroft Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

Sounds like a lingering bug from the update! Don't worry, You can troubleshoot and get those keys working normally. You need to focus on updating keyboard drivers and checking for any setting conflicts that might be interfering.