How to get 240hz on OLED Predator X27U?

Cesarsoto34
Cesarsoto34 Member Posts: 3 New User

I recently purchased the Predator X27U bmiipruzx and can’t get it to 240hz. It caps at 180hz. I tried to change the hz through the windows display settings but it caps at 180hz. I’m using a DP 1.4 and also tried the cable that came with the monitor and still capped at 180hz. Is there a setting in the monitor I’m missing to enable 240hz?

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 12,001 Trailblazer

, Check if your HDMI port supports 2.1 and try a HDMI 2.1 cable or use the USB-C port, if that supports DP (Video out).

• Cesarsoto34

It doesn’t support hdmi 2.1 its only 2.0 which is surprising for a high end OLED monitor. I’m not sure if the usbc option supports video but I will check.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,507 Trailblazer

Your GPU could also be the limiting factor. If the GPU isn't fast enough to drive that refresh frequency, there's nothing the monitor can do to get it. The monitor only does what your system can handle…

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Cesarsoto34

It's in display windows settings that 240hz does not appear even though the monitor is advertised as a 240hz monitor. I just bought a new DP cable and usbc cable as well to see if this does the trick.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,507 Trailblazer

What GPU card do you have? Which driver version is installed? Your GPU might not support the bandwidth for 240Hz even though the monitor does.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.