Looking for the correct Specifications model number of the screen in my Predator Helios 300

Multifarious
Multifarious Member Posts: 1 Newbie
edited June 21 in Predator Laptops

I need to replace the screen in my Predator helios 300 but trying to find info on it to order correct replacement

PH317-52-769J MFG Date 2019/01/04
S/N NHQ3DSA002************
SNID ***********

[Edited the thread to hide sensitive information]

[Edited the thread to add issue detail to the title]

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 12,001 Trailblazer
    edited June 21

Acer buys components off the shelf and two identical models from the same retailer may have completely different panels, so best to find out the actual brand, ID and part number for your screen rather than using a service guide. Download HWINFO.64 Portable freeware from https://www.hwinfo.com/download/ and install that, open the HWINFO-Monitor tab and note down the specs of you screen Go to www.panelook.com and enter your screen details from HWINFO in the database, check that the results match your laptop, you will find your screen with different screen options, IPS, TN, Glossy, semi-matte, % anti-glare-coating, 120Hz, 350 nits, etc. make sure the panel dimensions (thickness) are compatible and the number of pins (30-40) for the eDP/FCC plug are correct. Panel vendors and availability will also be listed with the contact details.