Ram upgrade (20GB) Acer Nitro 5 < AN515-54

D_lexo
D_lexo Member Posts: 2 New User

I'm getting a SINGLE Crucial 16 GB RAM and I was wondering if I have 2 slots for 4 GB to make up 8GB RAM, so if I take one of the 4GB Rams from one of the slots and put the 16GB RAM which will mean 16GB + 4GB = 20GB. Is that possible or will there be an issue once done I can't find two (8x2) 16GB RAM for my laptop and the single RAM was my only option. Here's an example picture of the inside just if you guys want to help me.

Best Answers

• AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 4,107 Pathfinder
    edited June 20 Answer ✓

@D_lexo

You can use 4GB + 16GB RAM combination but it is not recommended since the performance won't be as good as using 8GB + 8GB RAM.

You can try to find the 16GB DDR4 2666MHz (3200MHz is fine also) kit or two 8GB sticks.

Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!
  • StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,520 Trailblazer
    edited June 21 Answer ✓

This is how you should populate the 2x ram slots of your AN515-54 laptop, as this is how Acer recommends your laptop to be populated with ram and the type of ram that you should use. Good luck and hope this helps you out.

These are the Acer tested and suggested ram modules that you should use DO NOT MIX A 16GB WITH A 4GB MODULES AS IT WILL NOT WORK AND YOUR LATOP WON'T BOOT.

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍

Answers

• AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 4,107 Pathfinder
    edited June 20 Answer ✓

@D_lexo

You can use 4GB + 16GB RAM combination but it is not recommended since the performance won't be as good as using 8GB + 8GB RAM.

You can try to find the 16GB DDR4 2666MHz (3200MHz is fine also) kit or two 8GB sticks.

Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!
  • D_lexo
    D_lexo Member Posts: 2 New User

@AnhEZ28 So it's just not recommended?

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,520 Trailblazer
    edited June 21 Answer ✓

This is how you should populate the 2x ram slots of your AN515-54 laptop, as this is how Acer recommends your laptop to be populated with ram and the type of ram that you should use. Good luck and hope this helps you out.

These are the Acer tested and suggested ram modules that you should use DO NOT MIX A 16GB WITH A 4GB MODULES AS IT WILL NOT WORK AND YOUR LATOP WON'T BOOT.

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍