I hit some buttons and both my usb ports stopped working on aspire 5 laptop

MWeddle
MWeddle Member Posts: 1 New User
edited June 20 in Aspire Laptops

I made a bad decision quickly and wiped down my acer aspire 5 laptop keyboard without turning it off. Multiple things popped up but I just closed all the boxes but now both usb ports on either side wont work. I disabled them and re-enabled them after searching online but nothing has worked. Can anyone help? What buttons did I push to mess this up??

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,519 Trailblazer

What was the cloth that you wiped the keys with, did it have too much liquid on it that seeped into the underneath of the keyboard and the liquid shorted the USB board out? As its impossible to advise you without you telling us exactly what happens, as there is NO key that stops USB ports from working when you wipe them down😀 also a cloth with a bit of cleaning liquid on it will not short anything out and especially the USB board and ports out that are inside your laptop. Give us more details what happened?

I suggest that you take your laptop to a technician so that he can analyze what liquid damage you have done to your laptop and clean it and fix/change the USB shorted board and circuitries that you have damaged. Good luck.

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍