nitro 5 2021 an515-45 rtx 3070 , having low performance

iysan
iysan Member Posts: 1 Newbie
edited June 19 in Nitro Gaming

i have rtx 3070 ryzen 7 5800h, 2021 model and, i recently bought, but i think my laptop is giving the lower peroformance than it need to be, gaming are not well as i expected, and when i use software like blender and create high scenes, it quits, i am doubting that my laptop is giving lower performanced, i benchmarked and it is giving lower scores, why i am having those issues, windows update and grpahic drivers are also up to date,

Answers

• GAMING6698
    GAMING6698 ACE Posts: 7,479 Pathfinder
    edited June 20
    windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming 
    Windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming — Acer Community

My AN515-43 laptop UserBenchmark-
    https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/51514566
  • StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,519 Trailblazer

Every NVidia RTX gpu needs to run and have its game settings governed by the NVidia GeForce Experience software (which this software also downloads the latest NVidia game ready drivers) and also make sure that all VGA drivers are up to date and all AMD drivers are also up to date, also update the bios to the last version 1.11 and update the VGA firmware to the version v102a that is on the Acer support page for the AN515-45 laptop, as that is what your laptop needs to run perfectly with games. Try that and then do that benchmark above and let us know of the results. Good luck.

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍

• Axxo
    Axxo Member, Ally Posts: 540

If you havent yet open Nitrosense, then click that gear icon in the upper right for "Advanced settings" There should be a switch icon to flip red choosing "Discrete GPU only" d-gpu that's your 3060

Just in case it's using I-gpu occasionally instead. If not there or doesn't help. Make sure your Bios drivers are up to date and check in Bios under advanced I think it was. To force Discrete gpu only. Worked with 3070 Nitro, it said optimus in bios dgpu option, not sure if your model has the same bios options. But probably since not that different.

Also, try to give a look at this:

Open NVIDIA Control Panel
    Choose on the left the option "Manage 3D settings".
    Now you should see some options, under the bold text "Use these 3D settings" or something like that, choose "global settings", usually this's selected by default.
    There's an "Automatic" option by default, which will switch from the integrated GPU to the Discrete one depending on the computer task, because I think you may have some kind of issue with this, click on it and select "Graphic Processor 2060" or discrete, whatever it is, and then click on the bottom right "apply".

This may fix your issue but also increase the system power consumption, as it will try to use for all tasks your laptop which may use more power than the UHD 630. Hope this helps.