Will running my Acer Nitro V-15 ANV15-51 always on performance mode, harm it?

CHAMELEON
CHAMELEON Member Posts: 29 Enthusiast WiFi Icon

I am running my laptop in performance mode constantly, never switching to balanced, will this have negative effects?

I realised when in balanced mode the fans are not running as fast and as such cant cool the GPU and CPU as good, so I wwas worried this will cause the thermal paste to age quicker or other complications.

Best Answer

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 11,833 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

I wouldn't worry about that, if the fan noise starts bothering you and you are not gaming you can switch to the Balanced Power plan. When you unplug the adapter, the system will throttle back so you no longer are in performance mode. I recommend keeping the power adapter plugged in and have the battery fully charged at all times.

• CHAMELEON
    CHAMELEON Member Posts: 29 Enthusiast WiFi Icon

@Puraw

This I did from the very beginning and am still doing, I am also keeping the laptop on at all times due to winter and my room being particularly cold, to mitigate a side effect, I keep it on and in a game not that intense, but enough where both the battery and the system are kept at optimal temperatures. I hope this is a good idea, otherwise I don't know what else to do, but spend a ton of money for temperature regulating devices.