After reinstalled windows in acer laptop how to retrieve genuine windows product and key

Options
Yayan_aggarwal
Yayan_aggarwal Member Posts: 1 Newbie
edited June 18 in Windows 11

I reinstalled windows in my acer laptop so now how can i retrieve the old genuine windows product and Microsoft office key. please help

[Edited the thread to add issue detail on the title]

Answers

• Alejandro_AC
    Alejandro_AC ACE Posts: 12,351 Trailblazer
    Options

Hi @Yayan_aggarwal please indicate the computer model and the version of Windows installed.
    If you install the same version of Windows that the computer came from the factory, Home or Pro are the most common, the Windows key is not necessary since it is a digital license associated with your machine and the license will be activated automatically.
    This will not happen if you install a different version of Windows than the one you see installed on the computer.
    As for Office, this package is not included in Windows, sometimes what is provided is a trial version for a limited time, to continue using this office package, you must purchase a license, if you purchased it, you must If you have that information, in any case, contact Microsoft directly about how to recover it.
    It is possible that if you purchased the Office license and associated it with an email, when you install Office, which like Windows, must be exactly the same version that you had, it will be activated automatically.

Greetings.

Please click "Like" if my answer was helpful or mark it as a solution if it was resolved, thanks!

I use Google Translate for English, German, Portuguese and French.

Pro bono collaborator, I don't work or speak in the name of Acer

Por favor, haga clic en "Me gusta" si mi respuesta fue útil o márquela como solución si fué resuelta, gracias!

Colaborador Pro bono, no trabajo o hablo en nombre de Acer

MSFT MVP (2003-21) & Windows Insider

X (alezmvp) - X (aquimislibros)

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 9,739 Trailblazer
    Options

The Windows version you had before you reinstalled Windows was an OEM version from Acer, that is gone now but there is no difference between the 2 versions. The Acer programs like Quick Access and Acer Care Center you can download from the Acer Support site for your laptop but all the other apps, trial versions, wallpaper and Power Plan cannot be retrieved. You don't need any of that as everything is available in Windows except the Acer Wallpaper. The Microsoft Office (called MS 365) preloaded on all Acer PCs is not a license but a one-year free Office subscription that you need the renew each year, you are much better off buying for life license online of Office 2021 Home and Student for <$130 that comes without Outlook, but New Outlook does the same and is free in Windows 23H2. If you want the wallpaper and all the bloatware back, you have to bring your laptop to Acer Services in your country to reset the system to factory default for a small service fee.