Acer Nitro AN515-58-73V6 does not charge and shuts down when unplugged

dauphong
dauphong Member Posts: 2 New User
edited June 18 in Nitro Gaming

So a couple days back my AN515-58-73V6 RTX4060 with a 200W Chicony charger had died (turned off) suddenly, possibly because my socket was faulty and not grounded. Now my laptop does not charge at all and when you unplug the charger it dies recently, but before it used to run at 0%.

My issue is it is detrimental for performance in heavy load games where the fps caps at 2 as it also spams the low battery warning, I would like to avoid waiting for weeks for this to be repaired at a repair center because I even doubt they can repair it or replace it at all since it seems to be a rare unit.

I had tried every remedy to this problem like disabling acpi power at device manager, rebooting without ac plugged, trying a 120w usb c charger but non worked.

I hope this problem could be solved without issues or compromises, thank you.
the below attachment is the battery report.

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 11,986 Trailblazer

The 200-Watt adapter that you are using is not the original 180-Watt adapter that came with the laptop (see picture)

The plug of your adapter has a pin inside diameter of 2.5mm that is too big and will make poor contact, the correct pin of the adapter on the picture A17-180P4A Adapter Plug Size is: 5.5 x 1.7mm. Get the original 180-Watt adapter with the correct plug and try to charge the battery, there is a possibility that the DC port is burned because of the too large plug used and you should check that out, Acer Services in your country can do that and replace the DC port if found damaged (not expensive). Alternatively, you can get a USB-C laptop charger of 100-Watt like this one: https://rog.asus.com/power-protection-gadgets/chargers-and-adapters/rog-100w-usb-c-adapter-model/ for sale at Amazon and eBay.

• dauphong
    dauphong Member Posts: 2 New User

It is the original charger that came with the laptop, I had not used any other charger except this one. I am more conclusive that it was most probably damaged by a faulty socket as there are accounts that electronics had been already broken there. Again this seems to be a rare model with an RTX 4060 GPU and a higher wattage the power connectors seem to be fine but it might be the on board charging circuit that's been damaged so that's why I am asking.