Acer A315-54K. My laptop screen isn’t working. The lights works and I can hear the fan spinning

Options
unaaaa
unaaaa Member Posts: 2 New User
edited June 21 in Aspire Laptops

My laptop screen isn’t working. The lights works and I can hear the fan spinning, but the screen is black. I turned it on and connected it to my tv using an HMDI cable and my laptop’s stuff is showing up on my tv. Is there any way to resolve this at home or do I have to visit a professional?

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 10,447 Trailblazer
    Options

Does your Aspire 3 laptop have a slight image in the background of the screen, because if it does then its the backlights of your screen that is the problem and you need a new screen, check that out first, if you don't and the screen is totally black, then it could be the eDP cable that connects the screen to the mainboard that is faulty or its plugs are faulty or have come lose, or the actual screen is shot and needs inspecting and/or changing,

Screen issues can be from numerous sources so its best to take your laptop to either Acer tech support or an experienced technician in your area so that he can fix your laptop, also it would be more informative if you gave us the exact Aspire 3 laptop model like A315-xx that your have so that we can advise you more precisely and give you exact parts that you might need also. Good luck and hope this helps you out.

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍

• unaaaa
    unaaaa Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

It doesn’t have a slight image in the background. I have taken it to a technician and the attached image is the quote they sent me. (This is in N$ not U$)

The model is the A315-54K.

• Axxo
    Axxo Member, Ally Posts: 320
    Options

Let us try the basic steps first:-

Doing the power drain and bios defaults will really help. Kindly follow the steps given below:-

Turn off the laptop. Disconnect or unplug the charger cable, devices or any other cables connected to your laptop. Close your laptop. Turn it upside down. On the bottom of the laptop, you can find a pin hole. It is a tiny hole. You can a find a battery symbol indicator next to the hole. It is like a + and - sign symbol as though somebody is trying to shift the battery out. Insert the pin on to the hole for 30 seconds. Remove the pin. Flip the laptop. Connect the charger cable, turn on the computer. Only on laptops where the battery is inbuilt you can find the battery reset hole on the back of laptop.

If you dont find a pin hole on the back of laptop then you might be using removable battery. There is no need to unscrew anything to remove the battery. Turn off the laptop. Disconnect or unplug the charger cable, devices and any other cables connected to your laptop. Close your laptop. Turn it upside down. On the bottom of the laptop, please look at the top or bottom depending on the way you look at it. You can find a long door. It is a battery removable door. Just below that you can find a latch. If you move the latch you can remove the battery door. Once the battery is removed, flip the laptop. Open the top cover, press and hold the power button for 1 minute. Connect the battery back on the back of computer. Connect the charger cable back and then turn on the computer.

If you don’t see a reset pin hole on the back of laptop or if you are not able to remove the battery (if it is inbuilt ) then please unplug all the cables and devices out of laptop. Hold the power button for 1 minute. Connect all the cables back and restart the computer.

While turning on the computer, tap f2. It will go to bios. Press f9 once. It will show load bios defaults with a yes or no popup. Press enter. Popup screen will disappear. Press f10 once. It will show save changes popup with yes or no. Press enter. Computer will restart and it will load into windows.

It might also be the issue with battery, charger or power outlet. Try to use the charger in a different room on a different power outlet. Try to bypass the surge protector and connect it directly to power outlet. Try to use an alternative charger if possible. Try to turn on the computer without the charger and check it (as long as the battery is not drained out)