upgrading my acer nitro5 an515-51. the games i used to play is unplayable for me right now.

Options
abc12
abc12 Member Posts: 12

Tinkerer

edited June 17 in Nitro Gaming

Hi guys, i want to upgrade my laptop since the games i used to play is unplayable for me right now. because massive updates in game and stuff.

my specs:

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-7300HQ CPU @ 2.50GHz 2.50 GHz
Installed RAM 8.00 GB (7.89 GB usable)

System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

intelSSD 256GB, Nvidia geforce GTX 1050Ti

For example: in cs2 im getting like 60fps and below. used to get 100+ fps on cs:go.

on destiny 2, used to get around 60 fps in game with smooth gameplay. after last update im getting like 50-20 fps with huge drops and stuttering and very long loading screens.

i watched every guide on how to max performance with nvidia control panel, windows settings etc. and im getting unnoticeable results. and when im updating my graphic driver my performance only gets worse in game.

i thought maybe my ssd drive didnt work properly. on Acer Care Center it dosent show for some reason. so i downloded CrystalDiskInfo and it shows 90% good health. so i guess its ok.

my question is, if i will upgrade my RAM to like 16 or 32 my performance will be noticeable? i mean like will i be able to get 100+fps on those games?

And is there another upgrade for this pc that can give me performance boost?

Best Answer

Answers