system thread exception not handled on Acer Swift SF314-71.cant reinstall windows and cant find SSD

Options
amren
amren Member Posts: 4 New User
edited June 17 in Swift and Spin Series

Hello!

I have an Acer Swift 3 SF314-71 and suddenly I can not access my SSD..and I can not even get it to reinstall Windows 11 from USB stick….have also tried using Macrium Rescue tried to install a backup..but no success…I can start the resuce Macrium and find the backup on my external HD..but when I try to recover the backup to my SSD..It can not find it….Nothing

I have also tried start up from Command Promt with minimal safe mode..but it can not find it..

I ave also tried to reinstall BIOS..but unsuccesful.. get message the latest is alreadu installed.

Im really prepared to reinstall Windows..but it can not find drivers..and I can not install them from the USB-stick I have them all…..

Any solution??

THANKS IN ADVANCE..

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Best Answer

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 10,447 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

Is the M.2 SSD showing in the Swift SF314-71 bios section Information > HDD0 which should have your SSD drive description. If it doesn't then the SSD drive is faulty and damaged and can't be detected by bios and the laptop M.2 slot. If the M.2 SSD drive is detected in bios, then when you install Win-11 and you have a USB with a bootable Rufus 4.4 and the Win-11 23H2 ISO all on the one USB including the unzipped SF314-71 IRST (Intel® Rapid Storage Technology) Driver version 19.2.0.1003, then and when you get to the Win-11 installation section of "Where do you want to install Windows? > Load driver you load this IRST driver as afterwards you will see the SSD boot drive, and you will be able to continue the Win-11 installation, so unless you first install that IRST driver at the above section you will not be able to see the boot M.2 SSD drive. That is what you are doing wrong and that is what has probably happened to your Swift SF314-71 M.2 SSD drive as this IRST driver was corrupted. So, try the above and let us know how you go and if you are able to do a clean install of Win-11. Good luck.

Note: If you are getting a Win-11 23H2 "Let's connect you to a network" and the installation doesn't connect to the internet automatically, then you need to do this,

• At the section of Let's connect you to a network > Press > Shift+Alter+F10 (this is for Acer or Swift laptops) the usual is Shift + F10 > to get the cmd prompt up at C:\Windows\System32> then press “windows key + E“ to bring the windows explorer folder up and then you can install the drivers from the USB drive where you should have the Wi-Fi folder drivers of your SF314-71 from Acer on the installation USB.

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 10,447 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

Is the M.2 SSD showing in the Swift SF314-71 bios section Information > HDD0 which should have your SSD drive description. If it doesn't then the SSD drive is faulty and damaged and can't be detected by bios and the laptop M.2 slot. If the M.2 SSD drive is detected in bios, then when you install Win-11 and you have a USB with a bootable Rufus 4.4 and the Win-11 23H2 ISO all on the one USB including the unzipped SF314-71 IRST (Intel® Rapid Storage Technology) Driver version 19.2.0.1003, then and when you get to the Win-11 installation section of "Where do you want to install Windows? > Load driver you load this IRST driver as afterwards you will see the SSD boot drive, and you will be able to continue the Win-11 installation, so unless you first install that IRST driver at the above section you will not be able to see the boot M.2 SSD drive. That is what you are doing wrong and that is what has probably happened to your Swift SF314-71 M.2 SSD drive as this IRST driver was corrupted. So, try the above and let us know how you go and if you are able to do a clean install of Win-11. Good luck.

Note: If you are getting a Win-11 23H2 "Let's connect you to a network" and the installation doesn't connect to the internet automatically, then you need to do this,

• At the section of Let's connect you to a network > Press > Shift+Alter+F10 (this is for Acer or Swift laptops) the usual is Shift + F10 > to get the cmd prompt up at C:\Windows\System32> then press “windows key + E“ to bring the windows explorer folder up and then you can install the drivers from the USB drive where you should have the Wi-Fi folder drivers of your SF314-71 from Acer on the installation USB.

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍

• amren
    amren Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options

Im happy to get such respons..very appreciated 👍.…and Your advice solved my issue.

THANKS A LOT