Replacement monitor from online shop/Acer Nitro VG240y 165hz to VG240ym3 180hz is defective too

Options
emceedota
emceedota Member Posts: 2 New User
edited June 17 in Monitors

I got this monitor **Acer Nitro VG240y 165hz** last October 2023 from Shopee PH. In March 2024, it got some red and green horizontal lines on the bottom part, and then after a few days, the whole display was affected. So I contacted the shop from Shopee and they said they'll confirm the warranty & I should ship it to them to diagnose and repair/replace the unit. I shipped the monitor last May and paid shipping fees which cost like 2k Php back and forth.

They replaced the unit with another variant (vg20ym3 180hz), from an Acer service center.

I just received the replacement unit yesterday in good working condition but after just less than 5 hours of using it (stock settings out of the box), it got the same issue again but this time it's even worse. The display is already moving around like crazy and it seems unusable anymore.

If I ship this unit back to them it will cost me again around 2k Php and would have to wait around 1 more month for the same replacement process (I need dual monitors for work purposes). And the shop has not replied to my inquiry yet. Talk about hassle lol. Can this be a refurbished unit? What can/should I do about it?

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]

Answers

• emceedota
    emceedota Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Edit: Monitor purchased: Acer Nitro VG240y 165hz
    Replacement sent to me: Acer Nitro VG240ym3 180hz
    Both have the same lcd panel issue

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 9,739 Trailblazer
    edited June 17
    Options

Shopee like Amazon and eBay are not the suppliers, they just forward your order and process your payment, the names of the sellers are listed on their web page, and you can chat with them via FB directly, but it may take long for a response. Personally, I wouldn't dream of buying electronics from Shopee, food items are OK but on technical stuff they don't have a clue. BTW, I bought several laptops online from Villman in Manila, and never had issues, after sales support is provided directly by the manufacturer: https://villman.com/Login They are accredited retailers for worldwide PC brands including Acer and Asus in the Philippines and prices are competitive, but you have to collect items at pickup points (cash and major credit cards accepted), I believe they recently joined Lazada Mall, but better collect, inspect and try the laptop before you pay.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 32,364 Trailblazer
    Options

If you have had two different monitors, different models even, with the same issue the problem is more likely not the monitor. Have you tried better cables?

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.