My Nitro Acer AN515-57 Won't turn on or charge

Options
Phe18
Phe18 Member Posts: 3 New User

I've had this Laptop for about a year and not had any issues until today. I was using the laptop and closed the lid, I opened the lid 20 minutes later and the laptop will not turn on and the charging LED will not turn on (no colour at all), I even tested with multiple power sockets. I tried some methods I found online along the lines of "disconnecting the battery and holding the Power button for 60 seconds" but nothing did anything, I also checked for any loose connections but it all looked fine. The only alterations I've made to the laptop was installing a secondary SSD. Does anyone know what could be causing this issue Should I just take it to a repair shop/warranty place.

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 10,447 Trailblazer
    Options

Take the secondary SSD out as that is the cause of the laptop not booting as the SSD drive is faulty and causing the laptop booting problems! As disconnecting the main battery should reset the laptop and make it boot, you don't need to press the power button, as after you have disconnected the battery you can also disconnect the RTCX/BIOS battery as that is a hard reset and then reconnect everything and taking the secondary SSD out your laptop should boot perfectly.

Note: you must either have a faulty secondary SSD or your AN515-57 laptops SSD2 slot is faulty, or you haven't put the SSD drive into the M.2 slot properly.

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍

• Phe18
    Options

This did not work. I removed the SSD and disconnected and reconnected both batteries and nothing changed. Should note that the SSD has caused me no issues and has been installed for quite some time.

• StevenGen
    edited June 17
    Options

If that is not the fault then your Nitro AN515-57 has a faulty main power rail and there is either a mosat or a capacitor that is shorted or blown in your laptop, This has to be checked by an experienced technician and the appropriate circuit changed, if you don't have the proper microscopic tools, you can't fix this yourself, so be aware of that.

The below DC_IN port caption is one of the areas where the fault could be and needs to be checked first and then the main power rail mainboard trace followed to see which circuitry is shorted, damaged or blown. Good luck and hope this helps you out.

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍

• Phe18
    Options

Thanks for all the help I'll get it checked out.

• StevenGen
    Options

Glad to help you out, but remember that a gaming laptop like the Nitro AN515-57 its common if it doesn't power on that it could have major problems with a main power rail fault like yours, that it could be that the main 19.5V current charge has infiltrated the cpu or gpu that these mosats protect the cpu or gpu, and if these mosats fail, you have a blown cpu or gpu which is a major fault, so be aware of this also, sorry to give you bad news..

But if its only blown your NVidia gpu then you can salvage the laptop to work on the Intel cpu graphics but if its blown the cpu then you will need a new mainboard, so be aware of all this also. But you could be lucky and only a capacitor or a filter circuit has blown, so get the laptop checked by a technician and see. Good luck anyway.