MY ACER PREDATOR HELOS PH31-551 300 i5 8th gen and gtx1050ti after restart Graphics card not working

Options
Suman124421
Suman124421 Member Posts: 15 Troubleshooter
edited June 17 in Predator Laptops

graphish card somestimes work and shows in task manegar but after restart it will not working how can i fix

[Edited the thread to add model name and issue detail on the title]

Answers

• Alejandro_AC
    Alejandro_AC ACE Posts: 12,344 Trailblazer
    Options

Hi @Suman124421 please indicate the exact model of the computer and the version of Windows.
    What driver do you have installed, the one provided by Acer or the one from the card manufacturer?

Greetings.

Please click "Like" if my answer was helpful or mark it as a solution if it was resolved, thanks!

I use Google Translate for English, German, Portuguese and French.

Pro bono collaborator, I don't work or speak in the name of Acer

Por favor, haga clic en "Me gusta" si mi respuesta fue útil o márquela como solución si fué resuelta, gracias!

Colaborador Pro bono, no trabajo o hablo en nombre de Acer

MSFT MVP (2003-21) & Windows Insider

X (alezmvp) - X (aquimislibros)

• Suman124421
    edited June 17
    Options

ACER PREDATOR PH31-551 please help me

• Alejandro_AC
    Alejandro_AC ACE Posts: 12,344 Trailblazer
    Options

What driver do you have installed, the one provided by Acer or the one from the card manufacturer?

The computer is only compatible with Windows 10, if I install the drivers from the card manufacturer, uninstall, download the Acer ones and go to Windows Update:

All the best.

Please click "Like" if my answer was helpful or mark it as a solution if it was resolved, thanks!

I use Google Translate for English, German, Portuguese and French.

Pro bono collaborator, I don't work or speak in the name of Acer

Por favor, haga clic en "Me gusta" si mi respuesta fue útil o márquela como solución si fué resuelta, gracias!

Colaborador Pro bono, no trabajo o hablo en nombre de Acer

MSFT MVP (2003-21) & Windows Insider

X (alezmvp) - X (aquimislibros)

• FrEaZeR
    FrEaZeR Member Posts: 96 Fixer WiFi Icon
    edited June 17
    Options

If you want to run only on graphic card you should have an option GPU only in BIOS (if the processor has iGPU and system is set to Auto the graphic card will activate when it's needed) ? What's the model (PH something) ? Tell us the model/specs and windows .

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 10,447 Trailblazer
    edited June 17
    Options

Try to use this guide to see if you can "Fix Nvidia Graphics Card Not showing up in Windows 10/11 Device manager" but if all these steps don't work then you have a faulty gpu. The Predator PH315-51 laptop has a GTX1060 gpu soldered onto the mainboard which can't be fixed and if its faulty you will only be able to use the Intel 8th Gen graphics for your laptop. Good luck and hope this has helped you out.

If you want to buy a new mainboard to replace a faulty NVidia gpu then here are the Acer part number for the PH315-51 laptop:

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍

• Suman124421
    Options

but its workes sometimes

• FrEaZeR
    FrEaZeR Member Posts: 96 Fixer WiFi Icon
    Options

I still don't quite understand what's the problem (not showing in task manager?!?), have you tried running on GPU only ? or removing every NVIDIA from Control Panel > restart > install it again ?

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 10,447 Trailblazer
    edited June 18
    Options

If the NVidia gpu shows up sometimes in Device Manager and disappears then there is something wrong with the NVidia gpu, get a technician to look at the gpu vram as it might be faulty or a mosat/capacitor is blown or shorted and he might be able to fix it and get the gpu going full time, A technician is the best person to tell you the state of the gpu in your PH315-51 laptop. Good luck and hope this has helped you out.

The below area is where the technician needs to check your laptops vram and gpu circuitries out and see if there are no circuits shorted or blown that restricts the gpu from working.

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍