Looking for replacement mainboard for SF314-71-75mw

Options
Brian_S
Brian_S Member Posts: 1 New User

So, my computer died last night. plugged in the usb c power cable and heard some sparking and smelled the magic smoke getting let out. Trying to find a replacement board to drop it, but not having much luck. I think I'm outside the warrantee period, so just trying to see what it would cost to fix.

SF314-71-75MW

Thanks,

-Brian

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 9,728 Trailblazer
    Options

Hi Brian,

A main board with an i5 CPU would cost you around $500 probably $700 with an i7 like what you have (shipped from Sweden) cheap refurbished boards will bring nothing but misery and AMD boards may not work with your OLED panel.
    https://www.zandparts.com/en/product/acer-nb-k9p11-009

If Acer Services will do the replacement you have to add another $200 for labor depending on where you live, this is getting very close to the $900 the laptop sell for at Amazon. I believe trading in your 2-year-old laptop and using the repair costs to buy a new Swift Go 2024 would be a better solution.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 32,364 Trailblazer
    Options

Acer lists 24 different motherboards for the SF314-71 models, they come in 8GB and 16GB onboard memory versions, with i5-12450H, i5-12500H, i7-12700H or i7-12650H CPUs. The other differences are mostly based on which display is used, the standard display, the OLED and a MIPI based design. Your SF314-71-75MW SKU looks like it comes with the i7-12700H CPU. 16GB memory and OLED display, so the part number for the matching motherboard is NB.K9P11.00J so you'd need to search on that number specifically. The other motherboards will fit, and the i5 and 8GB memory versions will as well, but you need to get the OLED version to match your display. You are also awfully close to still being in warranty, the manuals I see for it are dated May and June 2023, so right at the one year period… Contact Acer support for your locale to see if you can get it fixed under warranty.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.