Acer predator helios neo 16 wont start up

Options
Keju751
Keju751 Member Posts: 1 Newbie

Bought it end of december last year. Running fine up until last night when I was suddenly unable to turn it on. When I tried plugging in the charger I saw blinking orange light to the right of my laptop.

I have tried resetting the battery by pressing power button for 60 seconds > leaving the PC alone for 40 minutes > Charging until the battery indicator turns blue > turning it on. This method didnt work at the battery indicator still blinks, although its blue colored now.

This PC had never been dropped or suffered any physical damage. My prime suspicion is that I turn it completely off while F&#-6! Windows is still updating, causing an error.

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 9,715 Trailblazer
    Options

Yes, that is a bad mistake as system files are now corrupted possibly also the bootloader, so you won't be able to boot anymore. The laptop is still under warranty, so I recommend bringing it to Acer Services in your country to reset the system to factory default maybe a small service fee will be charged. As soon as you get the laptop back make a USB Recovery flash drive of your system and enable System Protection that is disabled by default. Leave your adapter plugged in 24/7, make sure the battery is always 100% charged and be fully aware what is going on with your system, are you updating, is a program hanging or is the laptop suspended or completely shut down, always check the LED action and disable Hibernate and Fast Startup in "Change what closing the lid does".

• FrEaZeR
    FrEaZeR Member Posts: 95 Fixer WiFi Icon
    Options

Not turning on at all or just showing error or something ? Can you still enter BIOS ?