Nitro 17 AN17-41-R8N5 stuck in boot loop after using NitroSense

Options
undercvrbros22
undercvrbros22 Member Posts: 1 New User

I opened NitroSense and chose the option to use only the Nvidia GPU and restarted the laptop. It then got stuck in a boot loop on the startup logo and kept restarting itself. It tries to boot normally, restarts, tries to start automatic repair, restarts again into a normal boot. I cannot access windows, bios, or safeboot because it restarts too fast (approximately every 3 seconds). Is there any way to get a full boot?

Best Answer

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 9,622 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

Yes, press Esc (toggle) to slow down the booting and then F2, if you cannot even boot to BIOS or cannot get to the Acer logo for Alt+F10 you need to boot with your Windows USB Recovery flash drive, if you did not make one with your laptop (strongly recommended each time after a major upgrade or at least once a year) you can try to make a Windows Recovery disk on another PC with the same Windows version as the laptop: Insert a blank +10GB flash drive in the USB2.0 port of that PC and in windows type Recovery disk in the Search bar, takes 40-60 minutes to make on a slow system. Insert the Recovery disk in the laptop USB2.0 port and boot to BIOS with F2, in BIOS Boot screen move the USB disk to the top of the boot devices list and save changes on exit BIOS. Boot again without F2 and you will get WindowsRE with the Troubleshoot menu, Select Reset this PC without losing my data or Restart with F4 (Safe Mode) and try to find the booting problem. Once you are up and running boot to BIOS and disable Fast Boot, save changes on exit BIOS.

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 9,622 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

Yes, press Esc (toggle) to slow down the booting and then F2, if you cannot even boot to BIOS or cannot get to the Acer logo for Alt+F10 you need to boot with your Windows USB Recovery flash drive, if you did not make one with your laptop (strongly recommended each time after a major upgrade or at least once a year) you can try to make a Windows Recovery disk on another PC with the same Windows version as the laptop: Insert a blank +10GB flash drive in the USB2.0 port of that PC and in windows type Recovery disk in the Search bar, takes 40-60 minutes to make on a slow system. Insert the Recovery disk in the laptop USB2.0 port and boot to BIOS with F2, in BIOS Boot screen move the USB disk to the top of the boot devices list and save changes on exit BIOS. Boot again without F2 and you will get WindowsRE with the Troubleshoot menu, Select Reset this PC without losing my data or Restart with F4 (Safe Mode) and try to find the booting problem. Once you are up and running boot to BIOS and disable Fast Boot, save changes on exit BIOS.