Why can I boot my Swift Go 14 into safe mode ,as PIN not available?

Options
Elysium82
Elysium82 Member Posts: 14

Tinkerer

edited June 18 in Swift and Spin Series

It keeps asking me to provide the PIN which would be fine, but it gives an error message that it is actually not setup and I need to do it now. When I click nothing happens. I literally cant log into my own laptop in safe mode. I did try in 2 ways: msconfig or the advanced boot options. They both give the same results.

[Edited the thread to add issue detail to the title]

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 9,622 Trailblazer
    Options

MSconfig.exe can only be started with the Command Prompt in WindowsRE (Recovery USB flash drive or Alt+F10) or in Windows (Windows key + R) and will Safe BOOT a system which is not the same thing as Safe Mode. If you cannot log in to Windows because of issues with your PIN or password, we cannot help you, best to bring the laptop to Acer Services in your Country to help you.

• Elysium82

Tinkerer

Options

This has never happened to me that Windows didnt let me log in in safe mode due to the fact that the PIN log-in wasnt available. So far, every time I restarted in safe mode, signing in hasnt been affected. I highly doubt acer or their technicians will be able to help much. I assume they will be equally surprise that safe mode disables the PIN log in on my laptop.

And thank you for your patience. I appreciate your help.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 32,304 Trailblazer
    Options

Make sure you have network enabled in safe mode. Windows is trying to connect to your Microsoft account to match the PIN and isn't able to do that without network.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Elysium82

Tinkerer

Options

ah, ok. Thank you for letting me know that.

Eventually, I ended up disabling the MS account and now I just use a local password.