How can I update the GPU driver?

Options
Elysium82
Elysium82 Member Posts: 14

Tinkerer

edited June 18 in Windows 11

hey guys,

I have just checked my GPU driver right after installing the Intel Driver & support assistant. The actual IDSA cant be opened and it says as a notification on the taskbar that there are updates available. How can I install these?

I am trying to play Doom Eternal and while the game runs perfectly, it flickers. The ground texture and different items appear and disappear. Vsync is on. So, no idea what could cause it. I am hoping a GPU update would deal with it.

Thanks.

Answers

• Elysium82

Tinkerer

Options

Btw, when I open the assistant it leads me to a broken link instead of opening the app.

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 9,621 Trailblazer
    edited June 15
    Options

I recommend not using Intel's DSA, uninstall DSA and either uninstall, disable or ignore Intel graphics controller/console messages about outdated driver, etc., Rely 100% on Acer/Windows Updates, enable Optional Updates in Check for Updates and make sure Windows11 23H2 is updated to version 22631.3737 and you will be OK. Download DDU freeware from www,Wagnardsoft.com and uninstall the display drivers you recently installed in Safe Mode with DDU and just reboot, Windows will install the latest compatible drivers. https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000091878/graphics.html

• Elysium82

Tinkerer

edited June 15
    Options

Thank you, but this wont work. Starting in safe mode still asks for the PIN and that option doesnt work. Meaning that I was stuck on the log-in page. I had to manually get rid of the safeboot option from the command line to be able to log in again. Weird that we have to go to such lengths just to uninstall a driver.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 32,304 Trailblazer
    Options

I use Intel Driver and Support Assistant all the time. With GPU drivers though there are hoops to jump through to get the new drivers to stick, since Windows Update will try to reinstall the old driver over the new one. It looks like you don't have the app portion of IDSA installed, which is where that error message comes from.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.