Boffy
Boffy Member Posts: 1 Newbie

my laptop is so old that acer can't properly register it

[Edited the content to hide sensitive information]

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 10,386 Trailblazer
    Options

What is your laptop model number as usually you need to put a model number not the serial number, have a look at your Acer products model number, e.g. for a Nitro laptop its the AN515-xx model which is written on a sticker that is stuck on the underside of the laptop, don't use the SNID or Serial Number as the model number works quicker and better.

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 32,304 Trailblazer
    Options

Yes, LX.AQLOC.049 and LX.AQL0C.049 don't show up in a search, the that part number is probably slightly wrong. For the part number search to work, you need those periods included, so xx.xxxxx.xxx. Your full model number is usually on the same sticker as your serial number, it should look something like xxxxx-xxx-xxxx. If the model is old enough there are no longer any still out there in warranty the SN and SNID will have been removed from the database, so you should use the base model number instead when searching for drivers and such, so the xxxxx-xxx portion of the full model number.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.