predator Helios 300 bought 9 months ago won't turn on if not plugged in

Options
Maej
Maej Member Posts: 1 New User

my predator Helios 300 bought 9 months ago won't turn on if not plugged in. i recently set the charging percentage to 80%. idk if this is the reason why or something else since my friend also did the same to his neo and his laptop is working perfectly fine. i wanna ask for help to solve this or if i can get this fix for free in any acer care center

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 9,572 Trailblazer
    Options

Yes, Acer Care or AcerSense may be one of the reasons, uninstall these apps and check in Services and Task Scheduler-Library if some accSvc or agentacc are still present, disable those. Never use any 80% battery charge limiting bloatware from any vendor and don't "calibrate" your battery but do a one-time "Full charge cycle" with a new battery if you suspect Acer has not done that already or after you installed Windows. Reboot to BIOS and reset BIOS to factory default, save changes and exit BIOS. In Windows reset your power plan to factory default in "Edit Power Plan" and in Device Manager uninstall these 2 battery drivers (red circle, picture). Just reboot and charge the batter to 100%, leave your power adapter plugged in 24/7 and if you are using a USB-C charger, use the barrel port "brick" adapter instead.

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 10,363 Trailblazer
    Options

If your PHN16-71 laptop is under Acer warranty, then send your laptop to Acer support and don't try to fix this yourself and get the Acer technicians to fix this problem for you. Good luck.

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍