tc-895 problem with PCIe Graphic Card

Options
cbrjewels
cbrjewels Member Posts: 5 New User

I got a GTX 1050 ti to upgrade my tc-895. I did my research and made sure the power supply could handle this card before buying it and it was highly recommended by the community.

I plugged it in and nothing works. Well, the fans are running which tells me there is power to the card itself, but nothing comes on either of my monitors. I tried 3 different monitors, one at a time, on hdmi and vga and nothing but a blank screen.

I accessed the bios to try to deactivate the onboard graphics, but I don't have access to change that option.

Help?

Answers

• Larryodie
    Larryodie Member Posts: 1,454 Supercomputer Wrangler WiFi Icon
    Options

Your on board graphics is automatically disabled by inserting the new card.

• cbrjewels
    Options

I figured, but why can't I see anything on the monitor? Nothing shows up with the new graphic card

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 32,277 Trailblazer
    Options

A basic question that has to be asked… :) did you move the monitor from the onboard video to the video on the new GPU card? Are you sure the card is working?

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • cbrjewels
    Options

Yes, removed the HDMI cables from the onboard, and plugged in the hdmi of the new card, newly purchased from Amazon, fans are running.

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 10,363 Trailblazer
    edited June 15
    Options

Have you changed the TC-895s bios settings at Advanced in the sections below, as that has to be changed if you have a gpu card and not onboard graphics. Btw the TC-895 Acer oem gpu cards recommended for this desktop are the GEFORCE GT 1030.2GB GDDR5 (its basically the same as the GTX1050 that you have) or the GEFORCE GTX 1650 4GB GDDR5 for the oem 500W.100-127/220-240V~8/4A 50-60Hz PSU. Good luck and hope this helps you out.

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍

• cbrjewels
    Options

So yeah, I tried. However, I have no access to those settings. I can't select them. I can't change them. I can enable the intel AES-NI but I can't do anything else.

• StevenGen
    Options

That is strange, try to update the bios to the last TC_895 bios version R01-A3 dated: 2021/08/03 titled: Update ME version to v14.5.32.1397v4, and see if it changes the bios settings so you can change both of those, as that is why the GTX1050 gpu dosent work as the TC-895 desktop is set to the cpu graphics and does not detect the external GTX1050.

Also check these following issues:

The BIOS (Basic Input/Output System) is a fundamental component of a computer, responsible for booting up the system and managing data flow between the operating system (OS) and attached devices. However, some BIOS settings cannot be changed due to various reasons:

1. Hardware Limitations:
      • Certain settings are tied to the hardware itself. For example, the maximum RAM frequency or the number of CPU cores are determined by the physical components. These settings cannot be altered in the BIOS.
      • Similarly, some features (like virtualization support or integrated graphics) depend on the specific hardware architecture and cannot be modified.
    2. Security and Stability:
      • To ensure system stability and security, manufacturers lock down certain settings. Changing them could lead to system instability, crashes, or security vulnerabilities.
      • For instance, voltage settings for CPU or RAM are often restricted to prevent users from accidentally damaging components.
    3. Compatibility and Certification:
      • Manufacturers test and certify specific configurations for compatibility and performance. Deviating from these settings might lead to unexpected behavior.
      • BIOS settings related to hardware initialization, power management, and memory timings fall into this category.
    4. Customization by Manufacturers:
      • Manufacturers customize BIOS settings based on their design philosophy and target audience. Some settings are intentionally hidden to simplify the user experience.
      • Advanced options might be available in developer or engineering BIOS versions but are not exposed to end-users.
    5. Legacy and Industry Standards:
      • Some settings are remnants from older hardware or industry standards. While they may not be relevant today, they remain in the BIOS for compatibility reasons.
      • Removing them entirely could break compatibility with older software or hardware.
    6. Locked Features:
      • Manufacturers sometimes lock specific features (e.g., overclocking, hardware virtualization) to specific models or tiers. Upgrading to a higher-tier motherboard might unlock additional settings.
      • This encourages users to choose higher-end products for specific capabilities.
    7. CMOS Battery or Firmware Issues:
      • A failing CMOS battery can cause BIOS settings to revert to default values. If you find that settings don’t save, consider replacing the battery.
      • Corrupted BIOS firmware can also cause issues. Updating the BIOS might resolve such problems.

Remember that modifying BIOS settings can have significant consequences. Always proceed with caution, and only change settings if you understand their implications. If you encounter issues, consult your device’s documentation or seek professional assistance.

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍

• cbrjewels
    Options

My bios is at the latest version already. Still. No option to change anything graphics related.

• StevenGen
    Options

Your TC-895 is restricted to only having the onboard graphics of the cpu, that is why the bios can't be changed/disabled so that you can install an additional gpu card into its PCIe x16 slot. Consult Acer Technical Support in your country and ask them what the options are to add a gpu card to the TC-895 where the bios is restricted, as they might have a bios flash that can change that internally from Acer that you can utilize. Good luck.