How to fix my PC as it will not boot up on Acer Aspire E15 E5 -575G-52DA.

Options
daveleonard2
daveleonard2 Member Posts: 5 New User
edited June 15 in Aspire Laptops

Recently I tried to change my OS from Windows 11 to Linux Zorin distro. I used my Ventoy USB to start the installation of Linux. The process proceeded fine until the end, when I was asked to restart the pc and remove the installation media. When I did that, I got the error "No Bootable Device". But now Linux has wiped my hard drive but apparently did not install Linux, but my Win 11 is gone. I have no OS. I tried the installation over four times with the same result. The checksums ran each time, so I know it was all there. I checked the BIOS and secure boot is disabled and EFI is used. However, the Linux distro does not show up in the BIOS. I know something is there because each time I retried the installation, Linux skipped over the files which it said were already there. I have no idea what to do now. Any ideas? Lucky for me, I have a desk top PC that is working. My laptop is an Acer Aspire E15 E5 -575G-52DA. Thanks.

[Edited the thread to add model number to the title]

Best Answer

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 10,363 Trailblazer
    edited June 14
    Options

There is no way that you would have had Win-11 OS installed on the Acer Aspire E15 E5 -575G-52DA laptop as this laptop has either a 6th or a 7th Gen Intel cpu and the genuine Win-11 OS needs a min 8th Gen Intel cpu with a mainboard that has a version 2.0 TPM security chip to be able to install the genuine Microsoft Win-11 OS, did you have a noncompatible Win-11 installed?

The only OS that Acer installed onto this laptop is Win-10 64bit. To do a clean install of this OS you need to construct a bootable USB with Rufus 4.4 and then download the Win-10 installation ISO onto that USB and boot the USB and then install Win-10 onto the formatted boot drive. Do not run Linux on this laptop as that is why the laptop has those UEFI errors on your laptop and that is why the windows OS is not working. If you want to recover your previous windows OS and if you have valuable data then you need to get the drive recovered by a professional data recovery technician. Good luck and hope this helps you out.

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍

• daveleonard2
    Options

Yes, Windows 10 was my original OS, but Microsoft graduated me to Win 11 through their updates and that is a fact! Perhaps all the functions were not Win 11, but that is what happened.

I will put the Windows 10 ISO on my USB and try again. Will let you know.

• daveleonard2
    Options

Thanks for your help, but I ran into another problem. Apparently, once you use a USB for Ventoy it becomes read only and cannot be changed in properties or formatted. The USB needs to be formatted before the Media Creation Tool can create an ISO for another computer. That is the only USB I have. I have several hard drives, but that would be a waste to use them for this or maybe not, I don't know. Anyway, is there any other way I can get Win 10 back on the machine? I live in the Philippines on a small island, and this isn't the U.S. where I could zip down to the mall and buy a new one. I must order them and they come by courier. Thanks.

• StevenGen
    Answer ✓
    Options

The best choice is a USB, so order one and wait, and then do a boot USB so that you can access the Win-10 installation files, as with a HDD you will need to do the same to get a boot Win-10 installation.

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍

• daveleonard2
    Options

I was able to find an HDD Low Level Format tool that actually forces any USB to format no matter what. It worked, and I was able to have Windows install the Media Creation Tool for Windows 10 and the laptop is now up and running. Thanks for your help.

• StevenGen
    Options

That is great and good luck with your Acer system, glad to help you out, cheers.