Aspire 3 a315-44p replacement for Aspire E5-576G - Screen Colour issue

Oldguysrule
Oldguysrule Member Posts: 2 New User
edited June 13 in Aspire Laptops

Have just bought a new Acer aspire 3 a315-44p to replace my aging Acer Aspire E5-576G.

Am unable to obtain the same colour clarity in the new machine.

When using Google the new screen looks very washed out as do the icons on the taskbar.

Would have thought the AMD Radeon(TM) Graphics would have been much better than either of the old Intel and NvIDIA adapteer son the older machine.

Can anyone suggest any tweaks that can help - the difference in the two screens colour display is like chalk and cheese

[Edited the thread to add issue detail to the title]

Best Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 11,599 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

This screen is 50 nits brighter (and 6 years younger) than your old screen: with 15.6” IPS FHD (1920 x 1080) 60Hz 250 nits maximum brightness. Have you set the correct resolution and refresh rate and tried to calibrate the display color in Windows11? Did you disable the color filters in accessibility? Turned off Night Light? Do you have any Acer apps running that affect the screen brightness like Quick access Blue Filter? Note that Battery Saver and Power Plan can dim the brightness to conserve battery power.

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,336 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

The old Win-10 laptops with the older resolution give a much better and clearer screen for older eyes 😀as its not as bright and as small as the new 19230x1080p `66Hz refresher rate screens, that is what I've found in laptops that is, the external monitors are different, and the new resolutions are far better for the external screens than laptop screens.

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 11,599 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

This screen is 50 nits brighter (and 6 years younger) than your old screen: with 15.6” IPS FHD (1920 x 1080) 60Hz 250 nits maximum brightness. Have you set the correct resolution and refresh rate and tried to calibrate the display color in Windows11? Did you disable the color filters in accessibility? Turned off Night Light? Do you have any Acer apps running that affect the screen brightness like Quick access Blue Filter? Note that Battery Saver and Power Plan can dim the brightness to conserve battery power.

• Oldguysrule
    Oldguysrule Member Posts: 2 New User

Thanks for your reply all the resolution, refresh rate and calibration settings were as recommended and fine but turning on the Night Light filter and adjusting the brightness helped immensely

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,336 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

The old Win-10 laptops with the older resolution give a much better and clearer screen for older eyes 😀as its not as bright and as small as the new 19230x1080p `66Hz refresher rate screens, that is what I've found in laptops that is, the external monitors are different, and the new resolutions are far better for the external screens than laptop screens.

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍