How to fix random mouse freezes on ACER Nitro AN515-58?

Tumchik
Tumchik Member Posts: 1 New User
edited June 12 in Nitro Gaming

Hello! I recently bought a laptop Nitro AN515-58 (Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-12650H, 16 GB RAM, RTX 4060), and encountered a strange problem - the mouse cursor freezes in Windows 11. And it happens at completely random moments. Sometimes everything can work fine for an hour, and then suddenly bam - and the cursor freezes. Sometimes I've just started Windows, and after a few seconds, a small freeze can occur. I've reinstalled Windows several times, but it didn't help. I also updated all the possible drivers for the video card and processor and even updated the BIOS, but nothing changed. The mouse itself works without any problems, everything is fine. By the way, I also installed Ubuntu on this laptop and didn't notice any freezes there. I also wanted to add that this cursor freezing happens even when I start Windows in Safe Mode. Also, I've tried to install Windows 10 and there is the same problem. Can you tell me what else I can try to get rid of this problem? I would be very grateful if you have any advice.

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,569 Trailblazer

The problem could be a hardware problem of the AN515-58 touchpad flat cable is either lose or faulty or touchpad itself is faulty. If you just bought this laptop from a shop (as this is a 2023/01/06 released laptop) then you need to either take the laptop back to the shop that you bought it from so that they can send your laptop to Acer support in your area and get Acer to fix this for you, don't do anything as its a hardware problem that a new laptop like the Nitro should not have! Good luck and hope this helps you out.

These are the parts that could be faulty in your Nitro AN5151-58 laptop:

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍