How to prevent overclocking in Acer predator helious ne 16 perfomance modes

Options
Tyzzp
Tyzzp Member Posts: 4 New User
edited June 12 in Predator Laptops

My acer predator helious neo 16 , when i turn performance or turbo mode it shows cpu an gpu are overclocked , i have heard overclocking laptops is harmful so how do i prevent overclocking

[Edited the thread to add issue detail to the title]

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 10,363 Trailblazer
    Options

The Predator PHN16-71 is designed for that turbo mode feature and if its turned on, it will not damage the cpu or gpu, so don't worry about that feature as its a part of your laptops performance mode. That is why the cpu and gpu have been locked by Acer on modern laptops for safety and protection reasons so they can't be damaged.

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍

• Tyzzp
    Tyzzp Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options

so i can use performance and turbo mode without worrying. my rtx 4050 gpu in turbo mode is 2625 mhz is it safe . btw i bymistakenly deleted predator sense and was not able to install it from site bcoz it was not showing temp and changing kb backlit and also not changing modes . so i called customer care after 1 hr he downloaded differnt predator ' s version predator sense (like may be Predator PHN16-72 something) and it was working fine on my phn16-71 . can you explain How?

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 10,363 Trailblazer
    Options

Go to Predator Sense page and see the guide there as it explains it fairly well. Good luck.

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍