Automatic battery discharge even after complete shutdown in Swift SF314-71

Options
fbehera12
fbehera12 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited June 9 in Swift and Spin Series

I have Acer Swift 3, purchased the laptop 6 months back. Everything was fine until the battery get discharged automatically after complete shut down. Every time I open the laptop I find the “Critical Battery” displays on the screen. For that I need to plug in the charger and wait for 10 mins to boot up. Yesterday I kept my battery 100% and kept shutdown overnight. In the morning I saw the same issue and precisely observed that charging Ports are warmer when I touch the back panels. I am not sure what’s the issue here. Is this something I can fix or need to go to Acer care?

[Edited the thread to add model number to the title]

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 9,574 Trailblazer
    edited June 9
    Options

What model: SF313-53 intel i7 2021 or SF314-43 AMD-2021? It looks like your battery is not fully charging, the battery may be >4 years old, run a battery report in Windows and check the last fully charged capacity, if this is way down you need to replace the battery. Are you using the 65-Watt power brick, or a universal USB-C phone charger? If the latter buy a proper 100-Watt laptop USB-C charger with a fixed thick 20 Amp USB-C cord, if you use the 65-Watt barrel plug adapter, reset your Power Plan to factory default in "Edit Power Plan" and reset BIOS with F9 in Bios, save changes on exit BIOS. Also uninstall Acer Care Center and disable the USB port always on and 80% battery charge limiting options in AcerSense but check that none of the accSVC services are still running in Windows Services, stop and disable the start type in properties.

• fbehera12
    Options

As I wrote above I purchased the laptop 6 months back so I believe battery is definitely not older than that. My system model is Swift SF314-71 and Processor 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-12500H. Also I use the standard power adapter provided in the box while purchase. It has USB-C port for charging and I have had charged till 100% and later I saw it drained out completely and shows "Critical Battery" screen when tried to switch on.

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 9,574 Trailblazer
    Options

So, you are using the 100-Watt USB-C charger provided with the laptop and the battery is new. Now we have cleared that up we can go to the actual problem: There is a small pinhole with a battery sign (to reset the battery) at the back of the laptop, top right, disconnect the charger and insert a pin in that hole till you feel it click, hold the pin down a few seconds then release and try to charge. If that didn't fix it boot to BIOS with F2 and reset BIOS with F9, save changes on exit BIOS and boot to windows, open Device Manager and uninstall the 2 battery drivers (red circle picture below). reboot and try to charge. If still no results I recommend bringing the laptop to Acer Services in your country as the laptop is still under warranty.

• fbehera12
    Options

Thank you for your contribution. I figured out the issue. Power-off USB charging was enabled. After switching it off I can see no drop in battery after shut down.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 32,277 Trailblazer
    Options

You can also get a battery drop, slower than with something connected to the power off charging port, by having fast startup enabled. That will keep the WiFi turned on even when the laptop is 'off'.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.