Help my G3-710 powers on but no display. Fan's spin loud and i dont have a graphics card

DaffaG3710isbroken
DaffaG3710isbroken Member Posts: 18 Troubleshooter
edited June 11 in Predator Desktops

There was no display but fans spins but its a bit loud and i dont have a graphics card

Ive tried many solutions but it wont help

I already reseated the ram

Anyone Please Please Help Me:(

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 11,833 Trailblazer

Did you try another monitor? If your desktop does not have a GPU integrated into the CPU and also does not have a discrete graphics card installed, it will not be able to display video output, when you turn on the computer, you may hear the fans spinning and other components powering up, but you will not see anything on the screen.

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,448 Trailblazer
    edited June 8

The G3-710 desktop has a socket LGA1151 and either a i5-7600K or i7-7700K cpu that have an intergrade Intel® HD Graphics 630 and its bios at Advanced > Onboard Graphics Controller so check if that setting hasent been changed as if your G3 desktop came with an additional GTX 1050, 1060 or 1080 gpu card then the bios is set to the above will cause a no graphics problem.

Check whichever GTX gpu that you have if there are no faults with the GTX gpu card output graphics. Also do a CMOS reset and take the BIOS battery out and shot its +&- pins to reset the G3 mainboard. Try these steps first and see if the desktop reboots properley. Good luck.

How to Clear the CMOS data on the G3-710:
    1. Turn off the power to the computer and all peripherals.
    2. Unplug the power cord from the computer.
    3. Unplug the network cable and all connected peripheral devices from the computer.
    4. Place the computer on a flat, steady surface.
    5. Remove the side panel.
    6. If necessary, remove any expansion cards, assemblies or cables that prevent access to the CMOS clear
    jumper.
    7. Locate the CMOS1 jumper on the mainboard
    8. Remove the jumper block and set it over the 2-3 pins for 20 to 30 seconds.
    9. Return the jumper block to its default 1-2 position.
    10. Reinstall any expansion card, peripheral, and system cables that have previously been removed.
    11. Reinstall the side panel.
    12. Connect the AC power cord to the system.
    13. Press the power button to turn on the computer.
    14. During POST, press Delete to access the Setup Utility.
    15. Press F9 to load the system default values.
    16. Press F10 to save the changes you made and close the Setup Utility.

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,421 Trailblazer

Try this, remove the GPU card and plug the monitor into one of the HDMI slots on the back. If that comes up it's likely the GPU card that's the problem. If you already have a monitor on one of those ports and still have the GPU in place, the monitor won't display anything since the onboard graphics are disabled when the BIOS sees a GPU card.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • DaffaG3710isbroken

i dont have any graphics card because its broken but the fans is like going on a loop like high rpm and then low rpm it just repeats like that no display,i recently upgraded to win 11.Pls Help Me:(

• billsey

The fans changing speed show that the BIOS is at least partially running, since that's what sets fan speed. That they are cycling from high speed to low and back again tends to make me think the fan test is running over and over again. That's not a good sign since that is normally only run once during POST. Since the G3-710 comes with a 7th gen chipset it's not compatible with Windows 11. You shouldn't have been able to install it without hacking the installer. Can you boot from a Windows 10 install flash drive to try and get back to a supported OS?

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • DaffaG3710isbroken

So i used an lite windows 11 and that low and high rpm loop is before i installed win 11 on win 10 it does that too

• DaffaG3710isbroken

wait mine has a Gen 6 I7

• billsey

Windows 11 requires gen 8 or later, so gen 6 should not work. The G3-710 initially came with 6th gen, then they did a redesign on the MB and went to gen 7…

• DaffaG3710isbroken

like i said before i upgraded to win 11 it does that too on win 10.is it because of i plugged it in not on a power outlet…

• DaffaG3710isbroken

but if it is that i dont have any power oulet available in my house