after upgrading my Helios 300 to WIndows 11, how do I get the upgrades

jegellman
jegellman Member Posts: 2 New User
edited June 8 in Predator Laptops

That all went well many moons ago— but now how do I get laptop specific upgrades that windows 11 compatible from Acer from my laptop which no longer running windows 10?

This came up as I've had lots of problems trying to run the Acer Care utility since upgrading to Win 11 — and Acer is only showing Windows 10 upgrades on the support site for the laptop.

Help!

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• Alejandro_AC
    Alejandro_AC ACE Posts: 13,013 Trailblazer
    edited June 9

Hi @jegellman please tell me the exact model of your equipment, it should be something similar to PH317-56.
    Updates for your computer and Windows 11 will be offered to you by Windows Update:

All the best.

• Haga clic en "Me gusta" si mi respuesta fue útil o márquela como solución si se resolvió, ¡gracias!
    • Colaborador pro bono, no trabajo ni hablo en nombre de Acer
    • Please click "Like" if my answer was helpful or mark it as solution if it was solved, thanks!
    • Pro bono contributor, I do not work or speak on behalf of Acer
    • MVP de MSFT (2003-21) & Windows Insider & (alezmvp)
  • Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 12,030 Trailblazer

If you upgraded to Windows11 23H2 you should now have version 22631.3672. Don't worry about previous Windows updates. If you have in "Check for Updates-Advanced" the receive Optional updates enabled, you will get Acer drivers and firmware offered before these appear on the Acer Support site. AcerSense (the new Acer Quick Access) can be downloaded from the Acer Support site for your model, if not yet compatible for W11 wait for a new version like we all do. 😉

• jegellman
    jegellman Member Posts: 2 New User

Based on the answers thus far, it seems the bottom line is:

Updates for Widows 11 (now on my Predator (PH315-52) are going to come only from the Windows Update function?

Also: has anyone gotten the Acer Care (or whatever Acer is now providing) to run properly on Windows 11? If so, can you give me the review of what steps you took to install, etc.?

Thanks All!

J.

• Alejandro_AC
    Alejandro_AC ACE Posts: 13,013 Trailblazer

Updates for Widows 11 (now on my Predator (PH315-52) are going to come only from the Windows Update function?

Yes, that is correct, the updates will come to you from Windows Update.

Also: has anyone gotten the Acer Care (or whatever Acer is now providing) to run properly on Windows 11? If so, can you give me the review of what steps you took to install, etc.?

Updates from Acer Care Center are not going to arrive, I never received updates from this application.

All the best.

• Haga clic en "Me gusta" si mi respuesta fue útil o márquela como solución si se resolvió, ¡gracias!
    • Colaborador pro bono, no trabajo ni hablo en nombre de Acer
    • Please click "Like" if my answer was helpful or mark it as solution if it was solved, thanks!
    • Pro bono contributor, I do not work or speak on behalf of Acer
    • MVP de MSFT (2003-21) & Windows Insider & (alezmvp)