Predator PHN16-71 Predator Helios Neo 16 - Screen Jittering Vertical Lines

Options
Swaranjit
Swaranjit Member Posts: 4 New User

I bought Acer Predator PHN16-71 Predator Helios Neo 16 2 weeks back and I'm facing weird display jittering or blurred while working on it. My windows is updated along with it's drivers and BIOS and the issue is coming very randomly on any app or any screen. I also tried different refresh rate but no success.

I feel very embarrassed when I'm working with someone in my team and this issue came out of blue. I believe I should have select any other brand and I wasted my Rs. 1.1 Lac on this machine.

Please check the attached images and video so let me know how can I resolve this issue.

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 10,467 Trailblazer
    Options

Uninstall the Intel graphics completely from Device Manager and make sure you have the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant scan installed and do a scan for the latest Intel Arc graphics available for your PHN16-71 laptop, as that is the major cause of these graphics problems, as the laptop uses the Intel graphics for these general display purposes only and only uses the NVidia graphics for high end graphics and for gaming. Good luck and hope this helps you out.

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍

• Swaranjit
    Options

Thanks @StevenGen. I just installed updated version of Intel Display Driver and I hope it will resolve the issue. I'll post my review here after using it. Thank you!

• Swaranjit
    Options

Hi @StevenGen. Problem is back again after installing the updated drivers. Did I bought faulty product? I've tried every possibility till now but NO SUCCESS. I bought this machine to work on it but all day I'm trying to find a way where I can run this laptop properly. Any other suggestions?

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 10,467 Trailblazer
    Options

No, some of the Intel graphics drivers are not compatible with the PHN16-71 so what you need to do is use the generic Intel graphics driver, uninstall the current Intel graphics in Device Manager and reboot the laptop and use the Intel driver that is generic to the PHN16-71 laptop as that driver will not give you any problems.

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍

• ibsa1em
    ibsa1em Member Posts: 5 New User
    Options

I have the same problem!
    But I noticed that the problem occurs when browsing on Firefox

I searched for many solutions and updated the BIOS, but the problem still appears

How can the problem be referred to Acer technical support?
    It is a common problem for this laptop, and they need to solve the problem as soon as possible

• Swaranjit
    Options

Hi @ibsa1em, Yes, I also noticed this issue while browsing on Firefox but once it occurs then every window have problem. So, I guess its triggered in Firefox but remains on any other screen or window or application.

• ibsa1em
    ibsa1em Member Posts: 5 New User
    Options

Yes, this is exactly what happens on my laptop as well
    To fix the problem I restart the laptop