Help!!! Weird Blue/Red lines in the corner of laptop display on aspire 5 A515 55 G

Options
Afdhal
Afdhal Member Posts: 77 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
edited June 10 in Aspire Laptops

As highlighted in the pics referenced, There seems to be some sort of weird lights in the corner of the display. And Its not the wallpaper as I've changed it and even checked it in safe mode and the bios screen, Still the lights are there.

'Its not noticeable unless you nitpick or viewing a dark background/video/image. What seems to be the issue here?Is it a display cable problem or is it loose? (the white cable around the screen beneath the bezel)??

My laptop is an Acer aspire 5 A515 55 G i5 10th gen and it's 3 1/2 years old. Any advice is greatly appreciated 👍🏽

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 10,363 Trailblazer
    Options

This is either that you need to update Windows software from settings menu (Intel Driver updates now comes ties with OS maintenance releases). Open settings app (hit Windows Key + I or use notification bar), head to updates and security and check for new updates. Or its an eDP cable problem that needs to be inspected as the data cable could be damaged and its causing this blue side stripe.

Acer Aspire A515-55G eDP Screen Display Cable Acer P/N: 50.HGLN7.005

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍

• Afdhal
    Options

Hi,Regarding the display port cable as you suggested…Do I remove the entire casing or is it possiblepossiblepossiblpossiblepossiblpossible to adjust it while removing the bezel??Could it be the white display cable that is under the bezel that goes around the screen?Would love to know your opinion.

The bezel was reattached recently but I doubt that caused any issue right? On any cable of some sort?.If not what do you think caused this issue and do you think it would get worse with time?

• Afdhal
    Options

Somewhat of an update.as far as the linens on the corner of the screen,it comes and goes??Like when I restart or switch it off,its not burn in since its an IPS display btw..Pls reference the pics I uploaded

Do you recommend me remove the bezel and reattach it?There is a white wire which I assume is the display cable,Under the bezel which connects around the screen.Maybe thats loose or has come out??

I thought it could be a physical damage but since this problem comes and goes it doesnt seem like it no?? As shown in the pics below,there is no blue or red lines in the corner..this happens after i turn it off or restart and occurs again after I adjust the screen while opening??

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 10,363 Trailblazer
    edited June 12
    Options

The white wire is one of the AUX antenna wires for the Wi-Fi/BT card as this card has another black wire that is for the MAIN antenna wire. The eDP cable is the color like below and doesn't go around the bezel .

This is the eDP plug and cable at the left side hinge and where the eDP screen plug is, the eDP cable only goes from the mainboard to the screen plug and is under a bending action when you open/close the laptop and its data or even its power cables can be damaged causing an image issue or no image.

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍