My Predator PHN16-71 is not turning on while on battery but turns on when plugged in

Fammy
Fammy Member Posts: 2 New User
edited June 6 in Predator Laptops

Hello!!!

My Predator PHN16-71 is not turning on while on batter but turns on when plugged in. It also works fine on battery, just getting issue when turning on without plugged in

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]
[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• Alejandro_AC
    Alejandro_AC ACE Posts: 13,292 Trailblazer
    edited June 6

Hi @Fammy When you connect the power supply does it charge the battery?
    Once connected to the power supply, if you disconnect this power supply, will the equipment remain on only with the battery?

Regards.

• Haga clic en "Me gusta" si mi respuesta fue útil o márquela como solución si se resolvió, ¡gracias!
    • Colaborador pro bono, no trabajo ni hablo en nombre de Acer
    • Please click "Like" if my answer was helpful or mark it as solution if it was solved, thanks!
    • Pro bono contributor, I do not work or speak on behalf of Acer
    • MVP de MSFT (2003-21) & Windows Insider & (alezmvp)
  • Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 12,649 Trailblazer

Battery is possibly not fully charged and too weak to boot the laptop, plugged in with a USB-C phone charger or with the 330-Watt power adapter provided? Use the 330-Watt power adapter to charge the battery to 100%, if still no boot possible with the battery only I recommend bringing the laptop to Acer Services in your country, it should still be under warranty,

• Pushp082
    Pushp082 Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited June 21

Hii @Fammy, your laptop was probably remained off for a longer duration so you are facing this problem.

follow these steps:

1. unplug adaptor form your laptop
    2. Press power button for 30 seconds

actually there is an extra battery in your laptop that provides extra power to your laptop when you press the power button for 30 seconds.

Hope this helped you :)

• Axxo
    Axxo Member, Ally Posts: 648

A hard reset entails taking the back cover off, taking the main battery out, disconnecting the RTC/BIOS battery and then shortening the RTC/BIOS batteries +&- pins with a paper clip to reset the CMOS at the mainboard plug, and taking the ram out, then leaving all these components disconnected for 15min and then reconnecting all components. What the hard reset does is it resets your laptops startup chips like a frozen Super IO or the Chipset chips, as that is what is wrong with your laptop. Hope this helps you out.

• Anish007
    Anish007 Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

i am also facing same problem and i tried everything but my problem was not solved.

there is no problem with battery but problem with some setting changes as its new laptop.

has anyone have answer…………..

• CosmicParadox
    CosmicParadox Member Posts: 3 New User

hello similar issue

My PHN16-71 laptop does not turn-on after pressing the power button, I have to wait for 30-40mins and try again then the power button works, this is when the batter is charger, and the laptop is connected to the adaptor. Any reason why?

• Anish007
    Anish007 Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

what is happening and why @acer is not replying to any of these problem solution….

• Alejandro_AC

Hi @Anish007 the community is for users, Acer support does not participate.

All the best.

• Haga clic en "Me gusta" si mi respuesta fue útil o márquela como solución si se resolvió, ¡gracias!
    • Please click "Like" if my answer was helpful or mark it as solution if it was solved, thanks!
  • daksh_1
    daksh_1 Member Posts: 2 New User

my acer predator is not turning on with battrey but turning on when plugged in what do i do?

• Alejandro_AC

Hi @daksh_1 The battery is probably in bad condition, but this should be confirmed by a technical service and, if necessary, a change should be made.

Regards.

• KrishnaJyl
    KrishnaJyl Member Posts: 1 New User

did u get it fixed by any technician? same experience here, i cannot use my laptop without plugging the charger since it won't start if i don't plug the charger

• CosmicParadox
    CosmicParadox Member Posts: 3 New User

ok so the issue was the malfunction of the power button