My Predator PHN16-71 is not turning on while on battery but turns on when plugged in

Options
Fammy
Fammy Member Posts: 2 New User
edited June 6 in Predator Laptops

Hello!!!

My Predator PHN16-71 is not turning on while on batter but turns on when plugged in. It also works fine on battery, just getting issue when turning on without plugged in

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]
[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• Alejandro_AC
    Alejandro_AC ACE Posts: 12,354 Trailblazer
    edited June 6
    Options

Hi @Fammy When you connect the power supply does it charge the battery?
    Once connected to the power supply, if you disconnect this power supply, will the equipment remain on only with the battery?

Regards.

Please click "Like" if my answer was helpful or mark it as a solution if it was resolved, thanks!

I use Google Translate for English, German, Portuguese and French.

Pro bono collaborator, I don't work or speak in the name of Acer

Por favor, haga clic en "Me gusta" si mi respuesta fue útil o márquela como solución si fué resuelta, gracias!

Colaborador Pro bono, no trabajo o hablo en nombre de Acer

MSFT MVP (2003-21) & Windows Insider

X (alezmvp) - X (aquimislibros)

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 9,765 Trailblazer
    Options

Battery is possibly not fully charged and too weak to boot the laptop, plugged in with a USB-C phone charger or with the 330-Watt power adapter provided? Use the 330-Watt power adapter to charge the battery to 100%, if still no boot possible with the battery only I recommend bringing the laptop to Acer Services in your country, it should still be under warranty,

• Pushp082
    Pushp082 Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited June 21
    Options

Hii @Fammy, your laptop was probably remained off for a longer duration so you are facing this problem.

follow these steps:

1. unplug adaptor form your laptop
    2. Press power button for 30 seconds

actually there is an extra battery in your laptop that provides extra power to your laptop when you press the power button for 30 seconds.

Hope this helped you :)

• Axxo
    Axxo Member, Ally Posts: 330
    Options

A hard reset entails taking the back cover off, taking the main battery out, disconnecting the RTC/BIOS battery and then shortening the RTC/BIOS batteries +&- pins with a paper clip to reset the CMOS at the mainboard plug, and taking the ram out, then leaving all these components disconnected for 15min and then reconnecting all components. What the hard reset does is it resets your laptops startup chips like a frozen Super IO or the Chipset chips, as that is what is wrong with your laptop. Hope this helps you out.