Acer Nitro AN515-52-74NV, Can't install windows 11 with new ssd

Greenblacksky
Greenblacksky Member Posts: 6 New User
edited June 4 in Nitro Gaming

Hi! So I have an Acer Nitro AN515-52-74NV. I decided to upgrade an ssd, bought a new one. Also, i've created a bootable usb with windows 11.

Now when I start my laptop with usb in, it installs windows and everything is ok until it restarts. At that point, it starts installation again.

If I unplug usb, it says No bootable.

In BIOS i can see ssd in information tab, but not in the boot order priority tab.

I tried to run diskpart from usb. After apperent instalation process, it says that 2Tb ssd has no free space and also that it is formated to GPT. I can clean it and convert to MBR. But after I try installing windows, it is back to GPT.

I can not set any partition to active because right after installation attempt all partitions are GPT and after cleaning there are no partitions.

Also, ive heard that i need to turn off vdr controller, but i dont have such option in BIOS and Ctrl+S does not reveal any hidden options.

Im kinda desperate here, to be honest and would appreciate any help. Thank you!

[Edited the thread to hide sensitive content]

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]

Best Answer

• Greenblacksky
    Greenblacksky Member Posts: 6 New User
    Answer ✓

I kinda managed to solve the problem, though i still dont know what exectly was wrong.

First, I cloned my old ssd with a working windows on it onto external ssd using Macrium Reflect. It did not work exactly as i hoped, it still demanded to reinstall windows. But still, i was able to boot, using external drive.

But then, after i switched internal ssd with a new one, Macrium Reflect was unable to clone external drive into there cause of different allocation unit. But DiskGenius was. It didn't even bother asking about it, just done.

And now everything seems to work correctly, I finaly can see my new ssd in BIOS boot priority order and boot using it.

Answers