SFA16-41-R0EX before i buy it what the hardware inside is or the HWid for this laptop

Options
rolf60
rolf60 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited May 26 in Swift and Spin Series

Hello, i am in the searchproces for a new laptop and found the Acer Swift Edge SFA16-41-R0EX very interesting. But i want to know before i buy it what the hardware inside is or the HWid for this laptop. Especially the wlan card i would like to know. I want to run ubuntu on this laptop and the mediatek 7902 has no linux drivers. Any help is appreciated.

Kind regards, Rolf

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Best Answer

• rolf60
    Answer ✓
    Options

Thanks, this one should be working on ubuntu 23.04

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 32,267 Trailblazer
    Options

The SFA16-41 models are new this year, but we do have access to fairly detailed specs. The WLAN is a MediaTek MT7922A22M on an M.2 card. The description and part number from Acer are:

Wireless LAN AMD Wi-Fi 6E BT5.2 RZ616 AMD 2x2 M.2 2230 PCIe, KE.WF60A.001

Often it takes a year or so for the Linux developers to port drivers over, so it's not unusual for Linux to not work fully out of the box, but they usually get that dealt with over the long run. You could always drop in an older card until they get the drivers ported, especially if you don't need to 6GHz channels right away.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • rolf60
    Answer ✓
    Options

Thanks, this one should be working on ubuntu 23.04