Why is acerqaagent.exe keeping my laptop gpu always active since the new update of PredatorSense?

Options
ShivamS
ShivamS Member Posts: 9 New User

The acerqaagent.exe task is keeping my laptop gpu always active.(I guess it is must run from the cpu but due to some bug or glicth in programming its running from the gpu, otherwise it could run from the cpu)

The issue persists from the latest predator sense software update.

Not that any other task is affected but it slighly causes the gpu to heat, and previously my gpu was always in an Idle(Inactive) state whenever I wasn't playing any game.

If anyone has any solution to this problem kindly help me. OR the Acer team must look into the matter and fix it as soon as possible through a new update.

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 9,972 Trailblazer
    Options

I recommend you uninstall Acer Quick Access and other Acer apps (but not PredatorSense) you don't need these apps and they run permanently at the background using resources and network bandwidth. After you have uninstalled these apps in "Add and remove programs" check Windows Services and Task scheduler if AcerXXagent services/tasks are still running, stop and disable these.

• ShivamS
    Options

Yeah , I already uninstalled those apps (Acer Care Center & Quick access) , but still this task remains.

I tried reinstalling the new Predator sense and got to know that this acerqaagent.exe task is run by the new Predator Sense software.

I guess this might be an important task for monitoring by the Predator Sense , but directly stopping and disabling these services might crash the software.

• ShivamS
    Options

UPDATE : Stopping the Acerqaagent service disables the control over

"Bluelight shield" and "Power off usb charging" feature of the Predator sense software.

• FrEaZeR
    FrEaZeR Member Posts: 100 Fixer WiFi Icon
    Options

Maybe because your laptop starts with the NVIDIA GPU ? Do you have it on Auto or Optimus ?

• ShivamS
    Options

I have set to automatic selection .

But even if I set to Integrated gpu the dedicated gpu is always active beacause of acerqaagent.exe

• FrEaZeR
    Options

But you also restarted right ?
    You can also try making that .exe run on what GPU you like in NVIDIA Control Panel .

• ShivamS
    Options

yes I restarted..

And the acerqaagent.exe is not available for the settings you have mentioned in the nvidia control panel.

• ShivamS
    Options

Even if I set it to run only on integrated gpu for the acerqaagent.exe and restart the laptop, the acerqaagent keeps running on the dedicated gpu keeping it active.

• Puraw
    Options

You don't need any of these Acer apps other than PredatorSense, uninstall all the Acer apps as Windows11 has these options. Reboot and reinstall only PredatorSense. You can always download AcerSense later when a newer version is available.

• ShivamS
    Options

I already uninstalled these acer apps and only kept the predator sense.

But this acerqaagent.exe service is running due to predatorsense and not any other acer apps.

• FrEaZeR
    Options

did you tried the same thing with predator sense ?

• ShivamS
    Options

yes but forcing predatorsense on igpu will trigger and limit its functionality.

• FrEaZeR
    edited June 12
    Options

@ShivamS mmyeah.. yesterday i bumped with the same problem you have , after installing one windows update and trying to fix Counter Strike 2 (because of some weird error , i did a lot of reinstalls/restarts) i realised my brightness is lower than usual because acerqaagent was starting on GPU (a PH18-72 "bug") .

After about 2-3 hours of uninstalling/installing/restarts/shut-downs , I went in Control Panel and Uninstalled > PredatorSense Config > PredatorSense Installer > Microsoft Visual C++ 2015-2019 > restarted and went again in Control Panel and uninstalled NVIDIA all of them starting with NVIDIA Experience and restarted again .

Now i don't know if you really have to do the exact same steps but this is how i did it :

I mounted the laptop`s Disc Image (with drivers,etc) and installed Intel Intel VGA UMA and restarted .

After that i randomly installed Intel DPTF Driver Application Optimization > Acer display backlight > the 2x NVIDIA drivers and restarted again.

After this i installed the Predator Sense the one that came inside the Disc Image and restarted .

And that solve it , after i did all of that i updated Predator Sense from inside it (it will take you to Microsoft Store) .

I also did a check updates on windows and it updated some things .

BTW i did all of this starting and running on AUTO (GPU) .

I don't know what exactly fixed it , you could try just by uninstalling Sense config >sense>and that visual c++ > restart and install Predator Sense (starting windows on Auto GPU) .

Good luck .

PS: This might probably fix the problems everyone has with Predator Sense lightning and stuff ( by doing a clean of Predator Sense and fresh install ) , no ideea i haven't bumped in it =)) .

• Muhil
    Muhil Member Posts: 489 Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Options

@FrEaZeR how did u get disc image ?

• FrEaZeR
    Options

It came with the laptop on it's SSD in a separate partition which i had to make it visible in Storage > Disk Management (probably because i bought it without windows) .

• Muhil
    Muhil Member Posts: 489 Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Options

@FrEaZeR how did u get this acer launch center?

• Puraw
    Options

Hi,
    Just uninstalling these apps in "Add or remove programs" may not remove everything, check in Windows Services if accSVC, qaSVC and acerqaagent are still running, if so stop these services and disable the Startup type in properties. Also, check the Task Scheduler-Library if these Acer tasks are Ready/running, disable those too.

• FrEaZeR
    edited June 14
    Options

Like i said before , it came with the laptop .

After i installed Windows i found it there .

I can upload the image somewhere if you tell me where . It has almost 5 GB .

• ShivamS
    Options

ok how can i mount the laptops disc image , As you are talking I too have the recovery partition disk part in my laptop but its not visible.