Nitro AN515-57 Do I need to apply thermal paste to CPU/replace battery or is this normal behavior?

Options
pratikgs
pratikgs Member Posts: 52 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
edited May 9 in Nitro Gaming

I have Acer Nitro AN515-57, it has completed more than a year. I have seen some change in the temp. graph from NitroSense. It shows that when it is on AC mode (charger on) the temp get into range of 76 to 90, and in battery mode it is normal 53 to 63. (I limit my charge always to 80% & keep the charger ON while using it) Is there any problem with the battery or thermal paste? I am not able to understand. Please suggest. Thank you so much.
Please see below image. The rise is during charger connected & fall is during the charger disconnect.

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]

Best Answer

• Alejandro_AC
    Alejandro_AC ACE Posts: 11,807 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @pratikgs this is normal behavior because power management is different when using the battery-powered device with the charger.

When used on battery, by default, the device works at lower energy values to increase battery usage time.

When the power supply is connected, the computer uses more power from the processor and graphics.

Logically, the more energy used, the greater the increase in temperature.

All the best.

Please click "Like" if my answer was helpful or mark it as a solution if it was resolved, thanks!

I use Google Translate for English, German, Portuguese and French.

Pro bono collaborator, I don't work or speak in the name of Acer

Por favor, haga clic en "Me gusta" si mi respuesta fue útil o márquela como solución si fué resuelta, gracias!

Colaborador Pro bono, no trabajo o hablo en nombre de Acer

MSFT MVP (2003-21) & Windows Insider

X (Twitter)

Answers

• Alejandro_AC
    Alejandro_AC ACE Posts: 11,807 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @pratikgs this is normal behavior because power management is different when using the battery-powered device with the charger.

When used on battery, by default, the device works at lower energy values to increase battery usage time.

When the power supply is connected, the computer uses more power from the processor and graphics.

Logically, the more energy used, the greater the increase in temperature.

All the best.

Please click "Like" if my answer was helpful or mark it as a solution if it was resolved, thanks!

I use Google Translate for English, German, Portuguese and French.

Pro bono collaborator, I don't work or speak in the name of Acer

Por favor, haga clic en "Me gusta" si mi respuesta fue útil o márquela como solución si fué resuelta, gracias!

Colaborador Pro bono, no trabajo o hablo en nombre de Acer

MSFT MVP (2003-21) & Windows Insider

X (Twitter)