Acer Nitro 5 gaming laptop AN515-55-53E5 dual monitor

Options
Taken404
Taken404 Member Posts: 5 New User

I am wanting a upgrade on my monitor and want to get a new one but I want to use my old one and I don’t know how to get dual monitor on my model of laptop it only has on hdmi port and I heard that you can use a docking station or a hub but I don’t know if it will work if I plug in the hub/dock in to my laptop because It doesn't have video output or thunder bolt and if a docking station/hub does work with my laptop and displays video output I can’t find and don’t know witch docks/hubs will work.

TDLR: laptop has one hdmi port and no video output or thunderbolt and don’t know if docking stations/ hubs will work with it for dual monitor and if dock/hubs do work don’t know witch ones will work with my model.

Thanks to anyone who helps.

Best Answer

• Aishamushtaq123
    Aishamushtaq123 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Answer ✓
    Options

It's great that you're looking to upgrade to a dual monitor setup! While your laptop may only have one HDMI port, you can indeed use a docking station or hub to achieve dual monitor functionality. Look for a docking station or hub that supports HDMI connectivity and ensure it's compatible with your laptop model. Brands like Plugable, Dell, and Lenovo offer docking stations that work well with a variety of laptops. Be sure to check compatibility specifications before making a purchase. Once connected, you should be able to extend your display across both monitors for increased productivity. Good luck with your setup!

Answers