Acer Veriton X4660G, After upgrading the processor get beeps while turning on

EmonGwapito
EmonGwapito Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

Hello, I would like to ask a question with regards to the Acer Veriton X4660G.

I just upgraded the processor from the stock i5-9400 to i7-9700kf.

After installing it, I received 1 long beep and 2 short beeps when I turned it on.

Then I troubleshoot it by removing all the rams and putting it back one at a time in different slots but I still received the same beep errors.

My bios are currently running in its latest support bios of R01-B4.

By right Acer Veriton X4660G supports 9th Generation Intel® Core™ i7 processors.

What could have gone wrong?

Thanks for your answers in advance.

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,255 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

The F model CPUs don't have a GPU built in, you will have to add a GPU card. The K model processors use a lot more power than the stock processors, so you will also have to revamp the cooling to handle the extra heat. The BIOS doesn't have support for K processors, so any of the extra features in the K will not be usable.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,279 Trailblazer

The beeping code you’re experiencing with your desktop Veriton typically indicates a hardware issue. Specifically, 1 long beep followed by 2 short beeps is often related to video adapter initialization error. Let’s troubleshoot this:

1. GPU Connection: First, ensure that your graphics card (GPU) is correctly inserted into the motherboard’s slot. Sometimes, reseating the GPU can resolve issues. Make sure it’s securely in place.
    2. Compatibility and Faulty GPU: If reseating the GPU doesn’t help, consider the following:
      • Compatibility: Check if your GPU is compatible with your motherboard. Older motherboards might not support newer GPUs.
      • Faulty GPU: Your GPU could be faulty. Try testing it in another system with a better power supply unit (PSU).
    3. Power Supply Unit (PSU): Speaking of the PSU, it’s essential to have a reliable one. Your current PSU might not provide sufficient power for the GPU. Here are some steps:

Remember to handle hardware components carefully, especially when reseating the GPU or checking the PSU. If you’re unsure about any of these steps, consult a professional technician or someone experienced with PC hardware. Good luck! 😊

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍

• EmonGwapito

Tinkerer

Thanks for the reply.

I do not have any GPU installed. This Acer veriton x4660g only has the integrated graphics, Intel UHD 630.

I even changed and upgraded my GPU to 650W.

I Googled and found out that some say that it can only support 8th gen CPU, but there are some who say that it could support both the 8th/9th gen CPU.

I suspect either it is incompatible with the motherboard or there is something wrong with the i7 9700kf CPU that I bought.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,255 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

The F model CPUs don't have a GPU built in, you will have to add a GPU card. The K model processors use a lot more power than the stock processors, so you will also have to revamp the cooling to handle the extra heat. The BIOS doesn't have support for K processors, so any of the extra features in the K will not be usable.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • EmonGwapito

Tinkerer