Aspire E5-574G-57E9 laptop, wire through right hinge is broken.

Options
Yohanper99
Yohanper99 Member Posts: 1 Newbie

I am a student and using the above-mentioned laptop for years now. recently my laptop screen hinges got damaged from the plastic base cover. also, it damaged one wire that goes through the left hinge (when the laptop is upside down). However, laptop screen, webcam, and wifi are working normally. I would like to know what component is that broken wire is connected to. Because if it is not critical I am not planning to go to the repair center.

Thank you.

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 8,891 Trailblazer
    edited May 5
    Options

The (white) wire is the Wi-Fi antenna and the broken hinge is a major repair job possibly surpassing the value of your 2016 laptop. The antenna wire can be replaced by a reputable PC repair shop but replacing the hinge assembly can only be done by Acer Services in your country (est. $200+) I recommend not to close the lid anymore as the screen may crack. Glueing is no option as it will break lose again within days. Time to migrate to a new Windows11 laptop, Acer has got some great Swift-X models in a full metal case with steel hinges, starting at $600 with 16GB DDR5-4800MHz RAM, 12th Gen i7 CPU, 1GB NVMe. 😉

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 10,068 Trailblazer
    Options

If you don't want to change the E5-574G laptops bottom case, the only solution to fix a hinge that has broken away from its bottom case mounting points is to open the laptop and carefully put the hinge and screws into the bottom case back into its positions and then use hot glue that is heated up with a heat gun or butane torch that have temps of 450C degrease so that the hot glue is very liquidly and drips and glue onto the hinge and sticks the hinge onto the bottom case, as afterwards you need to sandwich the top and bottom case together onto the hinge and until the hot glue cools down and the hinge sticks, as this is the only way to fix a hinge without changing the bottom case of a laptop to a new one. I've done this many times and it works 100% and also lasts but only use hot glue and don't use the hot glue gun as that gun does not heat the hot glue stick to hot enough temperature. Good luck.

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍