Acer Nitro 5 Any download throttles every single operation on my laptop to the point of uselessness

Options
RickieSix
RickieSix Member Posts: 1 New User
edited May 4 in Nitro Gaming

I have an Acer Nitro 5, I have owned for less than a month. I installed 32 GB of ddr5 and have (as far as I can tell) all updated drivers. My windows 11 is up to date. Every time I am downloading anything, every single operation or application I try to run on my computer becomes unmanageably slow. Even the most rudimentary apps barely work or even open. I am getting frustrated and could use a helpful pointer or two.

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 8,891 Trailblazer
    edited May 4
    Options

90% of the time this is due to insufficient bandwidth provided by the server (your ISP) or you Internet plan is capped, the rest by poor system maintenance: Turn off battery saver, change Power Plan to High Performance, set your Power mode in Power and Battery (taskbar Battery Meter) to Best Performance, uninstall all the 3rd-party browsers and AV programs you have running, only use Edge and Defender with all the security enabled (have green tick marks) and most important of all: MAKE SURE THE BATTERY IS CHARGED 100% AND HAVE THE POWER ADAPTER PLUGGED-IN 24/7, Don't limit your battery charging with Acer care Center and uninstall the bloatware. Turn off syncing you may be updating on the background, check in Task Manager-Performance-WIFI what is already downloading before you start your new download, disable the Startup programs in Task Manager-Startup Apps. update Windows, your version should be W11 23H2 build 22631.3527, etc., etc.