How to fix quick charging and battery draining issue in my Helios Neo 16 PHN16-71 laptop?

Options
ChaitanyaTankala
ChaitanyaTankala Member Posts: 3 New User
edited May 6 in Predator Laptops

It's been just 6-month-old brand new laptop which i have purchased in US and using it in India currently. I never played any games or used it for long term. But Still I could see an error in care center like " BATTERY LIFE IS DEGRADED DUE TO LONG TERM USE ". How to fix it?

Also is there is any battery replacement possible in India for the laptops under warranty but bought in US

Thanks in advance for your response :)

[Edited the thread to add model number to the title]

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 8,853 Trailblazer
    Options

What is the full Helios Neo 16 model (PHN16-71?) Are you using the original 330W charger that comes with this model or a USB-C charger, what Watt and what type of USB-C charger?

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 10,064 Trailblazer
    Options

Your Predator PHN16-71 should not have any problems with the battery as its a brand new laptop. Don't rely only what the Acer Care Centre reads as it could be faulty, to double check either do a cmd prompt battery report or install WNiNFO64 software and look into this software's Smart Battery > Battery #0 highlighted sections (see caption below) and look of your battery condition as the wear level should not be more than 5% and the full charge capacity should be virtually what the new design capacity of the battery mAh is. Good luck.

With the warranty and if you purchased an Acer laptop in the United States and are now in India, here’s what you need to know about warranty coverage from Acer:

Standard Warranty:

• When you buy an Acer laptop in the U.S., it typically comes with a local warranty valid only within the U.S.
    • If you’re using the laptop in India, the standard warranty from the U.S. won’t cover any repairs or services here.

International Traveler Warranty:

• Acer provides an International Traveler Warranty, but it has limitations:
    • If you’re traveling internationally (e.g., from the U.S. to India), your laptop will have a local warranty only from the country where it was purchased.

Acer India Warranty:

• If you’re currently in India, your best option is to check Acer India’s warranty policies.

HWiNFO64 Smart Battery Section

The below list is the oem Acer fitted batteries for the Predator PHN16-71 laptop model:

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍

• ChaitanyaTankala
    Options

Hello @Puraw,

Thanks for reply.

Yes. It is Helios Neo 16 Model ( PHN16-71) . Over the Laptop charger adapter, I could see it's a 230W Output AC adapter which comes with this model.

Never used any USB-C charger for this laptop.

• ChaitanyaTankala
    Options

Hello @StevenGen ,

Thanks for your reply.

I ran WNiNFO64 as you have suggested. PFB details for the report.

I'm not sure what could be the reason for this battery wear level for this brand-new laptop. Is there any way that I can fix this issue?

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 8,853 Trailblazer
    Options

Acer recommends a larger adapter for this model, 330 Watt that will much charge faster and will keep the battery fully charged while working. Just ignore the Acer Care Center battery diagnosis/popups but do create a battery report if you are concerned, type this in the Command Prompt: powercfg /batteryreport. Either buy the larger adapter or just use the 230-Watt one you have now but keep the adapter plugged in 24/7 to make sure the battery stays fully charged. 😉

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 10,064 Trailblazer
    edited May 6
    Options

By the HWiNFO64 battery report of your laptop, it looks like the battery is affected as the HWiNFO64 that I've posted above is from a 2.5 years old Nitro 5 laptop with its oem battery and its got less battery wear than your 6 months old laptop. So, there is something wrong with your laptop charging rail. Don't open the laptop or try and do anything, contact Acer Tech Support and get Acer to check your laptop as there is either something wrong with the battery or your laptops adapter or charging rail are faulty so get Acer to fix your laptop. Good luck.

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍