Predator Ph315-55-73eh not turning on

Options
ShemF
ShemF Member Posts: 1 New User
edited May 4 in Predator Laptops

I had this laptop for a year and a half, it's crashing in unexpected times but I've gotten used to it. Crashing means screen and audio freeze forcing me to turn it off.

Last night it probably crashed after it entered sleep mode, so when I opened it up this morning it worked but the screen was black so I turned it off like I always do, but now it won't turn on, at all.

Tried the power button for a minute but it didn't work, and I can't seem to find the battery reset pinhole (if there is one), the battery indicator shows blue when I plug the charger in.

Is there anything else I can do? This laptop hold 3 years of my degree in it, and I just started a new semester, I can't lose it now.

Edit: just as I posted this thread, it turned on, but if anything like this happens in the future, what should I do?

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 8,853 Trailblazer
    edited May 4
    Options

Get an external USB backup drive for $70 up, like the Seagate Backup Plus 2-4TB, and backup your entire boot drive with W7 BU to Image file (Control Panel W10-11) that also creates the recovery flash drive to restore the backup image file (or to repair your system). After the backup is completed, type Reset in Search and "Reset this PC" losing all your files. Once you are "up and running" again without crashing/freezing you can mount the backup image file stored on the USB backup drive to File Explorer on C:/ and browse your old files, pictures and folders that you want to restore but programs like Office will have to be reinstalled online.

• Axxo
    Axxo Member, Ally Posts: 276
    Options

As the simplest fix is to do a Hard Reset (its not the only solution if other components are affected, so be aware of that also) so do this first, take the back cover off, take the main battery completely out and disconnect the bios battery and take the ram modules out, leave all components disconnected for about 15 mins.