Acer Aspire 7 (A715-76G ) keyboard not working

Options
Wassaf
Wassaf Member Posts: 1 New User
edited May 2 in Aspire Laptops

Dear Acer,

My Acer Aspire 7 (A715-76G) Intel Core i5 12th Gen 12450H laptop. I ordered this laptop online from the Acer official website on December 8th, 2023 and received it on December 12th, 2023.
Unfortunately, I am experiencing an issue where the keyboard is completely unresponsive. None of the keys are working. 

Internal keyboard is not working completely but if i connect a 100% working external keyboard, very few keys works but that too in different characters (I've checked and changed the region and language in keyboard settings).

I have attached Gdrive video link for your reference:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1PPSWRM1EChBqfUa8yM8neftNO7kpo8KB/view?usp=drivesdk

I'am completely upset because of this clumsy issue and i cannot use my laptop..

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 8,893 Trailblazer
    Options

In device manager "Keyboards" uninstall the Standard PS/2 Keyboard and just reboot, have the external USB KB connected as you may lose control after the internal KB driver is uninstalled.

• Alejandro_AC
    Alejandro_AC ACE Posts: 11,789 Trailblazer
    Options

Hi @Wassaf I have not understood (forgive me) if the external keyboard works 100% with all the keys.
    Also try the virtual keyboard and also check if all the keys work:

If all the keys work with the OSK, it is likely that there is a physical problem with the keyboard. If this happens, you have two alternatives. The first is to apply the device's recovery and leave it in its original factory state and check if the problem is resolved ( If you carry out this process, remember to keep your personal files safe so as not to lose them), the second alternative is to go to Acer warranty services.

All the best.

Please click "Like" if my answer was helpful or mark it as a solution if it was resolved, thanks!

I use Google Translate for English, German, Portuguese and French.

Pro bono collaborator, I don't work or speak in the name of Acer

Por favor, haga clic en "Me gusta" si mi respuesta fue útil o márquela como solución si fué resuelta, gracias!

Colaborador Pro bono, no trabajo o hablo en nombre de Acer

MSFT MVP (2003-21) & Windows Insider

X (Twitter)