No power Nitro 5 laptop Then one minute on the on key to discharge the battery.

Options
Robert_Brinsfield
Robert_Brinsfield Member Posts: 3 New User
edited May 2 in Aspire Laptops

Hi all.

I've had an i7 nitro 5 laptop for almost 2 years. I woke up the other day to a dead laptop. No power.. nothing. I've read a few things and tried the suggested. First a new charger. Nothing. Then one minute on the on key to discharge the battery. Nothing. I bought an aspire 5 so that I have a computer but I'd really like to get the nitro working again. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 8,870 Trailblazer
    Options

Not yet 2-years old, bring the laptop to Acer Services in your country to check things out under warranty, if no warranty concerns you can try this: Power drain + CMOS reset: Open the back of the laptop and disconnect the battery cable from the motherboard. Locate the CMOS module (with 2 twisted wires Red and Black under the battery) and remove the coin battery. Shorten the +/- terminals inside the CMOS capsule for 2 seconds with a bended paperclip and put the coin battery back with the + sign facing up, close the CMOS capsule. Unseat the 2 RAM modules and secure firmly back in the 2 slots. Next, press the Power Button on the keyboard for 10-15 seconds after that reconnect the battery cable to the motherboard. Close the laptop, plug-in the adapter and try to boot.