AN515-52 something strange of the computer automatically goes to sleep

Options
EricK3
EricK3 Member Posts: 2 New User

Overview: My computer model is AN515-52, purchased at the end of 2019, so it's been about four or five years now. There haven't been any major bumps or repairs, just added a memory module and a hard drive, and occasionally cleaned out the dust.

Issue: Over the past year, I've frequently encountered this problem. When I'm using the computer, for example, when I want to input some text, the computer automatically goes to sleep the moment I touch it (when my hand lightly touches the computer) and want to touch the keyboard. It's very strange. Then I restart the computer, and soon after, the same thing happens again. Initially, I thought it was a problem with my computer's system settings. However, even though I've selected "Never" in the system settings for automatic sleep, this issue still occurs. In addition, when I shut down or put the computer to sleep, the keyboard often remains lit, and the fan continues to spin. To stop them, I have to press and hold the power button to force shutdown.

Speculation: It may be related to the battery. As the battery ages, it may not be able to maintain a stable input voltage, causing the above issues to occur at certain times. So I used HWMonitor to check the battery, and its wear level is only 1%.

Therefore, I would like to ask for some advice on my issue and whether my speculation is reasonable.

Best Answer

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 10,065 Trailblazer
    edited May 2 Answer ✓
    Options

You need to take your laptop to Acer Tech Support in your country so that they can analyse the laptop problems, as it could be from the keyboard that its cable is shorting out and putting your laptop into sleep mode, also your battery HWiNFO64 shows that its brand new and hardly been used, which could be a problem for a 4-5 years old laptop battery which means that there could be a problem in the main power rail that is causing those symptoms. Best is to get an expert Acer technician to look at your laptop and get them to fix the appropriate faults, as the fault that you are getting with your laptop could be from many areas of your laptop that need analysing. Good luck.

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 10,065 Trailblazer
    edited May 2 Answer ✓
    Options

You need to take your laptop to Acer Tech Support in your country so that they can analyse the laptop problems, as it could be from the keyboard that its cable is shorting out and putting your laptop into sleep mode, also your battery HWiNFO64 shows that its brand new and hardly been used, which could be a problem for a 4-5 years old laptop battery which means that there could be a problem in the main power rail that is causing those symptoms. Best is to get an expert Acer technician to look at your laptop and get them to fix the appropriate faults, as the fault that you are getting with your laptop could be from many areas of your laptop that need analysing. Good luck.

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍

• EricK3
    EricK3 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

"Thank you for your advice. I will go to the Acer technical support center for assistance."