Tinkerer

edited May 1 in Windows 11

i don't see the touchpad condition despite having installed multiple times

BIOS v1.12

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 9,870 Trailblazer
    Options

Click on Human Interface Devices (see your picture above) and you will see 12C HID device, uninstall that any any other touchpad drivers you may have installed. Don't install drivers in Windows11, that will be done by Windows. Boot to BIOS with F2 and check what Touchpad is set at in Main tab BIOS, that should be 12C HID, if PS/2 change that (some older BIOS may have "Modern" instead of 12C), save changes on exit Bios. Just reboot and check if Touchpad is working.

• njdnfbndnkbfb
    njdnfbndnkbfb Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

Options
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 32,460 Trailblazer
    Options

It's one of the unknown devices shown in your first picture. You need to get the proper drivers for those installed before it will show up in HID. What computer do you have? Your full model number is usually on the same sticker as your serial number, it should look something like xxxxx-xxx-xxxx. With that we can likely point you at the proper drivers.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Axxo
    Axxo Member, Ally Posts: 345
    Options

Hi njdnfbndnkbfb, Please Try this:-
    Press and hold the Windows ( ) key, and then press the q key.
    In the Search box, type Touchpad.
    Select Touchpad settings (System settings).
    Look for a Touchpad On/Off toggle. When there is a Touchpad On/Off toggle option: Select the Touchpad On/Off toggle to turn the touchpad on or off.

• RickCarte
    RickCarte Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options

We are having the same problem, the touch pad does not work. I have tried all the suggestions above, any ideas on how to fix this?

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 32,460 Trailblazer
    Options

The original poster never told us what computer they had, and obviously were missing drivers. It's likely best if you go ahead and start a new thread for your issue. Include the full model number. Your full model number is usually on the same sticker as your serial number, it should look something like xxxxx-xxx-xxxx. Also describe the issue and list what you have tried so far. That should give us enough to go on to help you get it fixed.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.