Error - model is not supported while installing Predator Sense app in Helios Neo 16 PHN16-71.

Options
Egorus
Egorus Member Posts: 1 New User
edited May 2 in Predator Laptops

Hi

My name is Egor, and I recently purchased an Acer Predator laptop in China. Acer Predator Helios Neo 16 PHN16-71. After a clean installation of Windows 11 and installing all necessary drivers from Acer's official website, I encountered an issue with the installation of the Predator Sense application. When attempting to install, I receive a message stating that my model is not supported.

After researching this issue on forums, I discovered that the problem might be due to the absence of the word "Predator" in the model's name in the BIOS. I reached out to Acer support in Russia, and they informed me that a BIOS from the manufacturer is needed to resolve this issue.

I also managed to contact Chinese support, to which they sent me a registry editing file, but it didn't help. And now the keyboard backlight is completely gone.

I would greatly appreciate your assistance with this matter. I look forward to your response.

Best regards.

[Edited the thread to add model number to the title and add issue detail]

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,941 Trailblazer
    edited May 2
    Options

Extract the installation files and look for the folder called 'Predator PHN16-71' or whatever is supposed to be in the BIOS, then rename it to the same as your BIOS shows. The install should complete normally then.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.